Today’s featured blogger is Heather from My Glittery Heart! She shares family adventures and her amazing home DIYs, like this adorable shiplap backpack area. LOVE IT!!! She is also co-hosting a fun Recipe Club link up once a month, where it’s a chance to showcase all the fun recipes you have going on! Swing on over and say hello!
This week was just a marathon race the whole time. Definitely taking it a little slower today.
1. We had a wonderful, chill weekend. It was full of the usual stuff, but for some reason it felt wonderful and relaxed. Maybe it was because we went out to our favorite diner for breakfast?
2. The workouts continue! It is clear that my arms are the weakest link here. They are so wimpy that they’re preventing me from doing some exercises because they just can’t handle it. Wednesday there were a series of arm workouts and woah. My arms. Hurt. Yesterday I was trying to slice bread and I seriously struggled because my arms hurt so much. But I’m still really enjoying the workouts! 5am is hard, but truly the hardest part is getting up to go.
3. I joined SnapChat! At first I couldn’t understand all the little icons. But now I love it! It’s definitely going to be the place to house my random musings. Like yesterday, where I talked about being scared to roll down my window at Starbucks because of the massive dragonfly buzzing around my window. You know… the usual things you talk about on SnapChat. You can find me @ktcupoftea!
4. Anyone else addicted to watching the RNC this week? I’m such a politics junkie and election years are my fav. This convention didn’t disappoint in things to talk about. I do worry though I’ll be moderately mopey come November so I picked up this fun cookie kit from Trader Joe’s. We’ll be making this on election night!
5. There were 2 parties to host this week. Tuesday was my husband’s work group at our home for dinner. The kids played really well together! So well that I barely saw them all night. Win! And then last night I co-hosted a LuLaRoe party with a sweet friend. This was a selfish party – I could have cared less if people came (although glad they did!), I just wanted to try stuff on. We had a BLAST preparing all kinds of food and drinks for this. Clearly we don’t get out much as moms.
I did buy quite a bit. Basically one of everything there. I bought a classic and perfect tee, Amelia and Nicole dresses, and a Cassie skirt. Plus an Ana dress, but in a different color that wasn’t there last night. No leggings. I’m… just not a patterned legging girl. They were comfy though! But I was really shocked at how nice the quality was, and everything just fit like a glove!
The consultant that helped us last night has a FB page with her inventory on it, so if you’re interested in what she has, take a peek! She’ll ship to you!
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!