Today’s featured blog is Legally Southern! She’s a Kentucky lawyer, newly married, enjoying the fun life adventure. Go over and say hello!!!
I can’t believe it’s Friday already! Anyone else have a busy week?
1. This entire week I’ve been fighting a case of the sleepy. Have you ever had a week like that? Basically there isn’t enough coffee or tea in the world to wake me up. I’ve been trying to go to bed early and I even skipped a few early morning workout classes this week to snag an extra hour of sleep, but doesn’t seem to help. I’m hoping this weekend I can really get rid of it.
2. William turned 3 months this week! I swear, didn’t I just birth him? Yes? But he’s adorable right now. He actually properly laughed this week and I’m noticing some of the same little things Elizabeth did at this age, like chewing on his hands, starting to grab at things. He’s also settled right in to a great schedule and I think I’ve figured out his little quirks and preferences (at least his preferences for now).
3. It was finally a great cooking week around here. It all started with a good old fashioned Menu Monday post with our weekly menu. This coming Monday is another round up of all the best Pinterest recipes you need to try, so stay tuned, but our favorite winner? These black bean and sweet potato tacos!!
4. This week we FINALLY had lower humidity and “cooler” weather. It was still in the upper 80s, but a little breeze and lower humidity makes all the difference. So we spent several days playing outside. You saw on IG all our water bead fun (SO addicting!). And earlier in the week we sat in the backyard watching clouds and playing with bubbles.
5. We only have 1 week left of “summer vacation”. Elizabeth starts school again in one week (yay!), our Bible study starts up again in a week, and our usual routine is coming back. I’m really excited for that! It was nice having a laid back summer schedule to help ease us all into having 2 kids, but bring on the routine! Are you still in Summer Mode? Or have you gotten back to the usual routine?
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!