Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up AND be automatically entered to win a $100 Target giftcard? Scroll to the end of this post to read what to do. If you’re a #H54F regular, it’s business as usual, and you know what to do!
If this is your first time to Cup of Tea, then hi! Glad you’re here! You can learn more about me here.
Here’s what I was up to this week!
1. First off, woohoo for a new home for High Five for Friday!! A HUGE thank you to Lauren at Lauren Elizabeth, who has been hosting this link up forever! Us hostesses actually found each other’s blogs and became friends thanks to the H54F link up, so it’s very special to us. Now, she graciously passed the torch on to us, and we’re hoping we do it justice. And thank you to all who have decided to continue to pop over to join! If you missed Wednesday’s grand announcement, you can read more here.
2. My goal this week was to get all the Christmas decorations down and put away. And I was successful with step 1. Our office looks a mess, because I hauled all of our decorations up there to box up… but at least it’s all down. I’m planning a little post on how to put away Christmas decorations so it’s easier on you next year. For example, if your pre-lit Christmas tree has burned out bulbs, write yourself a note and tuck it in the Christmas tree box. *cue picture
3. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to stop the frivolous spending. Basically, that means I’ve relegated all emails regarding special sales to a separate folder (I’m looking at you, C. Wonder!!), and I’m avoiding Target like the plague. I managed to go to Target twice this week and stuck to just my list, which was a victory! But I think Target is trying to get me to come back… If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this story unfold, but I went yesterday to pick up many bins for organizing projects. Like this one!
Once I got home, I noticed in my stack of coupons that I received after paying was a $3 off coupon when you buy bins. Gah! They want me to come back and buy more bins! Resist the temptation, Katie!!
4. Elizabeth, who is now 15 months old, has decided all food is disgusting, and she refuses to touch it. However, any cheesy cracker is ok. But a girl can’t live on cheesy crackers alone… so I’ve been trying to give her other things for a more balanced diet. Needless to say, by the afternoon she’s a weepy, boo-hooing mess. And so is mommy. Any tips from seasoned mommies out there?? Please tell me this pickiness is a phase!
5. We are headed out of town this weekend to Virginia Beach for an auto show. Anyone in the Hampton Roads area?? Are you going? Or will I be the only girl there? I dutifully go every year with my husband to an auto show, somewhere. One year we went to 4 – Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington DC. I’m a dedicated wife…. but it should be fun!
So that’s some of the MANY random things that happened this week! I can’t wait to hear about your week!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? In case there’s anyone new to the game, here’s what you do!
Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! It could be 5 memories, 5 pairs of shoes you wore, 5 “good job” comments you got, or 5 pieces of chocolate you scarfed down when no one was looking.
Add your link to your blog post down below. Then be sure to link back to the link up by grabbing the H54F button!
Caitlin, Tif, Della and I want to put our own spin on H54F. We are planning on visiting each and every one of you and saying hello! We want to get to know you all and find some new blogs. Each week we’ll be featuring one of you as our blog pick of the week.
Also, bloggers, you have a chance to enter to win $100 Target gift card! (open to US residents only – sorry!!) Simply link up to this week’s H54F, and then we will randomly select one winner using a random number generator. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, January 9, 2015. By linking up, bloggers agree to the full terms and conditions, which can be found here.
Thanks for stopping by! If you’re a veteran H54F-er, we hope you’ll continue to link-up. If you’re new to the H54F game, we hope you’ll join in every week! Happy reading!
Don’t forget to grab the button to add to your own blog post!