Welcome to High Five for Friday – hosted by Katie, Caitlin, Tif and Della!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up AND be automatically entered to win a $100 Target giftcard? Scroll to the end of this post to read what to do. If you’re a #H54F regular, it’s business as usual, and you know what to do!
If this is your first time to Cup of Tea, then hi! Glad you’re here! You can learn more about me here.
Here’s what I was up to this week!
1. First off, woohoo for a new home for High Five for Friday!! A HUGE thank you to Lauren at Lauren Elizabeth, who has been hosting this link up forever! Us hostesses actually found each other’s blogs and became friends thanks to the H54F link up, so it’s very special to us. Now, she graciously passed the torch on to us, and we’re hoping we do it justice. And thank you to all who have decided to continue to pop over to join! If you missed Wednesday’s grand announcement, you can read more here.
2. My goal this week was to get all the Christmas decorations down and put away. And I was successful with step 1. Our office looks a mess, because I hauled all of our decorations up there to box up… but at least it’s all down. I’m planning a little post on how to put away Christmas decorations so it’s easier on you next year. For example, if your pre-lit Christmas tree has burned out bulbs, write yourself a note and tuck it in the Christmas tree box. *cue picture
3. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to stop the frivolous spending. Basically, that means I’ve relegated all emails regarding special sales to a separate folder (I’m looking at you, C. Wonder!!), and I’m avoiding Target like the plague. I managed to go to Target twice this week and stuck to just my list, which was a victory! But I think Target is trying to get me to come back… If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this story unfold, but I went yesterday to pick up many bins for organizing projects. Like this one!
Once I got home, I noticed in my stack of coupons that I received after paying was a $3 off coupon when you buy bins. Gah! They want me to come back and buy more bins! Resist the temptation, Katie!!
4. Elizabeth, who is now 15 months old, has decided all food is disgusting, and she refuses to touch it. However, any cheesy cracker is ok. But a girl can’t live on cheesy crackers alone… so I’ve been trying to give her other things for a more balanced diet. Needless to say, by the afternoon she’s a weepy, boo-hooing mess. And so is mommy. Any tips from seasoned mommies out there?? Please tell me this pickiness is a phase!
5. We are headed out of town this weekend to Virginia Beach for an auto show. Anyone in the Hampton Roads area?? Are you going? Or will I be the only girl there? I dutifully go every year with my husband to an auto show, somewhere. One year we went to 4 – Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington DC. I’m a dedicated wife…. but it should be fun!
So that’s some of the MANY random things that happened this week! I can’t wait to hear about your week!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? In case there’s anyone new to the game, here’s what you do!
Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! It could be 5 memories, 5 pairs of shoes you wore, 5 “good job” comments you got, or 5 pieces of chocolate you scarfed down when no one was looking.
Add your link to your blog post down below. Then be sure to link back to the link up by grabbing the H54F button!
Caitlin, Tif, Della and I want to put our own spin on H54F. We are planning on visiting each and every one of you and saying hello! We want to get to know you all and find some new blogs. Each week we’ll be featuring one of you as our blog pick of the week.
Also, bloggers, you have a chance to enter to win $100 Target gift card! (open to US residents only – sorry!!) Simply link up to this week’s H54F, and then we will randomly select one winner using a random number generator. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, January 9, 2015. By linking up, bloggers agree to the full terms and conditions, which can be found here.
Thanks for stopping by! If you’re a veteran H54F-er, we hope you’ll continue to link-up. If you’re new to the H54F game, we hope you’ll join in every week! Happy reading!
Don’t forget to grab the button to add to your own blog post!
That darn Target! I know how you feel. I try to buy as much from them online as I can (like diapers) so I don’t have to actually go in the store. Browsing it what gets me!
This is what we did for our extreme picky eater: Ok, it’s going to sound bad or mean, but it is what my doctor said to do, and it really did work. Give her her meal and let her go. If she doesn’t eat anything, then that’s ok. Let her go without lunch and don’t make a big deal out of it. (Our problem was that we were trying to force her to eat which caused many tears and frustration all around!) So no snacking and then at dinner, give her her meal. Let her know this is her meal and she can eat what she wants from this plate only.
She won’t let herself starve. And trust me, as a mom, you think she just might! Our daughter went without a lunch, dinner, and lunch the next day once! I felt like the most horrible mother and just wanted to give her some crackers or something. But then for that next dinner…she started eating! Without complaining or throwing a fit! I think her “pickiness” was made worse by us trying to force her to eat, but doing it this way made it her “choice” to eat. And least that’s what I’m going with! I know dealing with this can be so frustrating! I hope this helps! I’d love to here how it goes with whatever you try. Good luck!
Ok, after the longest comment ever…thanks for hosting and congrats on taking over h54f!
Oh Jess, I thank you SO MUCH for that story!! I’ve sort of been doing that. But I really should cut out the snacks… I think she’s holding out for that (who can blame her?) and gobbling up as much as possible. I’ll have to give that a whirl! I’m definitely on the “eat what I cook or not… your choice” train, but it’s hard when I have to face tantrums and meltdowns as the day goes on. I can’t face it!
Thank you so much for linking up!!! Can’t wait to hop over to you and see how your week has been.
Yay!! I’m so excited for you girls! H54F has been a huge part of my blog – I’m pretty sure that’s how we connected as well. Fun times!!
Thanks!!! It is awesome how this link up brings together friendships 🙂 I’m thankful we are blogging friends!
Love the H5FF button you guys have created. I’ll continue to link up with you all 🙂
Glad you linked up!!! And that button was created by Caitlin at Coffee with Caitlin! She’s our resident graphics lady! She’s so talented.
We have all of our decorations put away, BUT our tree is still standing in the living room just bare and sad looking. It’s such a pain to drag downstairs that my husband has been procrastinating a wee bit. Hopefully today!
My son was the king of pick eaters. For most kids, what Jessica suggested will work like a charm. It’s a battle of wills and theirs is often stronger than yours. My son had some texture issues, so that didn’t work. Good luck!
Did you get your tree put away yet? If not, if it’s any consolation, mine is still sitting out, waiting to be boxed back up. 🙂 A battle of wills – sigh…. I enjoy a good battle! But it’s kind of hard when they’re 15 months 🙂 They’re much better than I am!
Ugh, Katie, I am dealing with a similar predicament with my Wendy! I wish I could say it gets better, but she has been really picky for a long time. We’ve eliminated almost all “snacks” but she still refuses to eat at a lot of meals. It drives me nuts when she skips meals completely. Even when I make things she “likes,” she will often refuse to eat. I think it’s made worse by the fact that our families let her eat what she wants to eat at their houses, but that doesn’t fly around here!
I don’t have much advice, but loads of empathy!
I’ll take empathy! It’s always good to know that we’re not in an unique situation around here! I figure I just need to keep plugging away and offering different foods, and not give in to the “just get her to eat something!” temptation. She had her 15 month pediatrician appt today and the doctor basically echoed your sentiments. Thanks for the encouragement!!
I’m so excited the link up lives on! And our tree looked much like yours! After battling with it for two years, we decided we’d just buy a new one next year! Target is like a vacuum…it just sucks you in but good job on sticking to your list! That’s not an easy task!
I’m thinking it has one more year, and after that we are either buying a tree without lights OR getting a real tree, which I would prefer! Glad you’re linking up!!! See you Friday!