Welcome to High Five for Friday – hosted by Katie, Caitlin, Tif and Della! If you want to know more, read about it here!
This week’s featured blogger is Claire from Fashion + Feathers! She has a fun fashion sense AND she’s hilarious! Her H54F post last week made me laugh snort several times. That’s my favorite blog combo – clothes and funnies! Swing over and say hi!!
Here are my 5 highlights from the week! And Happy May 1!
1. Well, folks, we have a minivan. And it’s revolutionized our life. There are 10 cup holders. “Magic” doors that automatically open at the push of a button, which make Elizabeth say “wow”. And I can see for miles, because I’m sitting higher than others. *angels singing* Seriously, though, it is nice to have the van. I may have giggled the first day I drove it, feeling like my parents, BUT we are grateful to have it, especially with summer vacation trips coming up.
2. I tackled a project that’s been on my to-do list for quite a while – I did a massive closet purge. I usually do this every summer and winter, and I shared my summer purge and clean out tips last year with you all. But THIS time I had an urge to get rid of a TON. And it was therapeutic. While my intent wasn’t to necessarily have a “capsule wardrobe” I may have ended up with one. So who’s ready for a summer 30 Outfits in 30 Days – the 2015 version? I’m motivated!
3. I’ve been reading quite a bit lately. It’s been relaxing to pick up a book and read for 30 minutes before tackling another task. I’m finishing up a quick read book The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory (love a good historical fiction book), and up next is Emma: A Modern Retelling. I’m REALLY excited for this one. The book is as the title suggests: it’s the classic tale of Emma, but set in modern day. I normally don’t touch these redos of Jane Austen tales with a 10 foot pole. BUT this one was written by Alexander McCall Smith, and I adore any of his books, but especially the No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series. So I have high hopes!
4. I love a good TV show. And in just ONE week I cruised through all 13 episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It was HILARIOUS! It was quirky, funny, and fast paced. What more do you need in a binge-watching show?
5. I feel like I always end with a future thing, but we’re heading to the Outer Banks again! My husband has a conference to attend, and thankfully that conference pays for family to attend! So while we won’t spend much time together, I’m looking forward to relaxing and having Elizabeth play in the sand, in warm weather, instead of a repeat of our identical trip 2 months ago!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And then – We LOVE this H54F community! And love visiting as many of you as we can each week. If you’d like us to follow you on Social Media, leave your user name in the comments! OR if you have a post you’d like me to share on my Social Media spots (LOVE doing this!) leave a link!
Follow me: Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | BlogLovin’ | Pinterest
I’m also linking up with Oh Hey, Friday, Meet @ the Barre, 5 on Friday & Diary of a Real Housewife
I’m so jealous that you’re going to the Outerbanks. I’ve never been! Have fun with your family!!!
The Outer Banks is tons of fun! So quiet and peaceful, not like a typical beach town. But, to be fair, I’ve only been in the off-season. Who knows what it’s like in July!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
I LOVED Kimmy! I watched in 2 days lol. Also.. I accidentally entered the wrong link at first. Is there a way to delete it? it’s #6 – Midwest Darling. Thank you!
It was hilarious wasn’t it??? And I’ll look! If not, no worries! Bonus entry
I can’t wait for season 2! And it looks like Tif figured it out for me. Thank you though!
Yay for a minivan! My sister swears by hers.
As for the closet purge–YES! Living with less is awesome.
Kimmy is hilarious. I watched all the episodes in a few days, too!
Happy Friday, Friend!
It was so hard NOT to blitz through all the Kimmy episodes! I found myself watching them even while trying to cook dinner haha! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Yay for being higher than other drivers! I miss my Explorer but I love the gas payment more in my Mazda. Elizabeth looks so cute in her coat at the beach but she’ll have so much fun being free in the warmer weather for sure! Happy Friday!
I had a Jeep when we lived in California, and I forgot how wonderful it was to see over everyone. I feel like you drive smarter! And Elizabeth was a lot happier not being bundled up as much this time, thank goodness! Hope you had a great weekend!
I totally feel you – the day I traded in my beloved car for an SUV was a great day! Hatches and doors that open and close with a button touch (mine is when I just walk up to it!!) is a life saver. Yay for practical vehicles!
I thought the automatic door thing was just kind of gimicky and silly, but I was so wrong! They are genius.
Oh girl I feel you on number 1. I was so so so against it. But one day we broke down, and I haven’t regretted a single second. We can still be cool and drive minivans 😉
Oh we are VERY cool! 🙂 And it has changed my life. I don’t know why I was driving a sedan for so long!
I did a 30 outfit challenge last summer and it was so fun! Enjoy the new van!
The van was delightful! 🙂
I do love Jane Austen (and Alexander McCall Smith!) and I’m also excited for this version of Emma… some Jane Austen lovers don’t like the retellings because it’s hard to live up to the original, but I’m a sucker for these stories in any form. Just read the Sense & Sensibility one from this Jane Austen project, retold by Joanna Trollope. Pretty good – so I’m interested to hear what you think of Emma! Happy weekend 🙂
So far, it’s good! It’s subtle in it’s humor, but so is Jane Austen! It’s pretty comical how he is weaving in modern day elements to characters you already know so well. Hope you had a great weekend!
I love that Elizabeth is wowed by the magic doors of your new minivan!! So cute! 🙂 Glad you’re enjoying it too! Congrats on the closet purge!! That’s a huge accomplishment, girl! *high five* 😉
Have a fabulous start to May!! xo – Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate
Hopefully the magic doors will stay magical to her for a while! It is pretty cute 🙂 Hope you had a great weekend!
I love Kimmy Schmidt!! Just started watching it earlier this week but I bet we’ll blow through the rest of the season this weekend. Also, the Outer Banks seem like a nice vacation spot. I’ve never been before but it’s on my list for one day.
Did you finish it up?? Just such a funny show! The Outer Banks are nice! You get ocean views, but it’s not as developed as other beach towns, so it feels more isolated/quiet. At least it does in the off season! HA!
I LOVE Kimmy Schmidt! We seriously watched it in like 3 days hahaha. Your van looks awesome! I hope you enjoy it and your trip to Outer Banks 🙂
It was a great van for a great trip 🙂 And it was such a funny show!! Hope you had a great weekend.
Sounds like a great week! I LOVE that show as well ( I also binged it in just over a week haha) and That’s awesome that you are making time for reading!
Lee | LegalLee Blonde
It was so funny! And that theme song? So catchy.
Congrats on the new wheels! That will be nice for family trips and the magic doors sounds like a pretty nice perk 🙂 I’m planning the great closet clean out next week so wish me luck. I did a little one a few months ago, but I’m feeling like I need to weed out even more when I switch things out for the new season. Hope you have a great weekend 🙂
A good closet clean out is so much fun. It’s one of the few organization tasks I get excited about! Anytime there is a purge, I’m there! 🙂 Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
I love minivans – so glad you’re enjoying yours! I borrowed my parent’s van for a couple weeks once when my car was in the shop and I loved having the extra room AND being above everyone else! 🙂
Kimmy Schmidt is still in my Netflix queue – it will be good for a weekend when I need to binge. Totally agree!
Hope you have a great time at OBX!
Seeing for miles is definitely the mini-van perk!! And totally agree – Kimmy Schmidt is the perfect binge watch show. Clear out the calendar. 🙂 Hope you had a great weekend!