This week’s featured blogger is Claire from Fashion + Feathers! She has a fun fashion sense AND she’s hilarious! Her H54F post last week made me laugh snort several times. That’s my favorite blog combo – clothes and funnies! Swing over and say hi!!
Here are my 5 highlights from the week! And Happy May 1!
1. Well, folks, we have a minivan. And it’s revolutionized our life. There are 10 cup holders. “Magic” doors that automatically open at the push of a button, which make Elizabeth say “wow”. And I can see for miles, because I’m sitting higher than others. *angels singing* Seriously, though, it is nice to have the van. I may have giggled the first day I drove it, feeling like my parents, BUT we are grateful to have it, especially with summer vacation trips coming up.
2. I tackled a project that’s been on my to-do list for quite a while – I did a massive closet purge. I usually do this every summer and winter, and I shared my summer purge and clean out tips last year with you all. But THIS time I had an urge to get rid of a TON. And it was therapeutic. While my intent wasn’t to necessarily have a “capsule wardrobe” I may have ended up with one. So who’s ready for a summer 30 Outfits in 30 Days – the 2015 version? I’m motivated!
3. I’ve been reading quite a bit lately. It’s been relaxing to pick up a book and read for 30 minutes before tackling another task. I’m finishing up a quick read book The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory (love a good historical fiction book), and up next is Emma: A Modern Retelling. I’m REALLY excited for this one. The book is as the title suggests: it’s the classic tale of Emma, but set in modern day. I normally don’t touch these redos of Jane Austen tales with a 10 foot pole. BUT this one was written by Alexander McCall Smith, and I adore any of his books, but especially the No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series. So I have high hopes!
4. I love a good TV show. And in just ONE week I cruised through all 13 episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It was HILARIOUS! It was quirky, funny, and fast paced. What more do you need in a binge-watching show?
5. I feel like I always end with a future thing, but we’re heading to the Outer Banks again! My husband has a conference to attend, and thankfully that conference pays for family to attend! So while we won’t spend much time together, I’m looking forward to relaxing and having Elizabeth play in the sand, in warm weather, instead of a repeat of our identical trip 2 months ago!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And then – We LOVE this H54F community! And love visiting as many of you as we can each week. If you’d like us to follow you on Social Media, leave your user name in the comments! OR if you have a post you’d like me to share on my Social Media spots (LOVE doing this!) leave a link!