This week’s featured blogger is Brenda from Chatting Over Chocolate! She’s a regular here at H54F and it’s been such a delight catching up with her every week. Doesn’t her whole family look like such fun? She’s a total Disney girl, so if you’re ever planning a trip, check out her blog posts for tips! She’s also a great bargain hunter (a skill I lack in!) so I appreciate her “digging up a good deal” skills! If you haven’t already had the pleasure of reading Brenda’s blog, then head on over now!
And now, a few bits and bobs from our week!
1. I had some glorious, and much needed friend time this week (hi friends!!). Monday was play date and chit chat with Bible Study friends, followed by a spontaneous lunch out with one of the girls and her toddler. And then Thursday was a catch up with a sweet friend and her girl. We did something genius. Normally, we have a play date, lunch and then home for naps. But this time, we set up a pack n play, and Elizabeth took her nap there while the mommies had interrupted time for tea and chatting (and we may have eaten 3 doughnuts each…). Why have we never done that before???? *forehead slap
2. Elizabeth and I found a new spot at our local children’s museum! It had a little hut that she was just obsessed with. No other kids were back there since it’s tucked out of the way, so that was a shy girl win! (Elizabeth’s shy… not me)
3. I was a blogging super star (for me anyway) this week. For the first time in a while I got a post up every day. And it felt so good! I’ve been working on a new routine (sharing it next week!) and it’s really working for me. In case you missed posts this week, here they are! While I don’t normally share my past posts in H54F recaps, I feel like this needs to be celebrated. And you may have gotten out of the loop checking in. HA!
4. I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this a few times, but ironing is one of my LEAST favorite housewife/grown up duties. I go so long between ironing things that it’s just a mountain by the time I get around to it. I try to tackle it before my husband notices, but he noticed this week. BUT I’m happy to report that I stayed up late last night to do it. And many TV shows were watched as a result. HA!
5. What are you doing for the 4th weekend, my fellow U.S.A. friends? Fireworks? Grilling? Red, White & Blue clothing? I need to plan out my outfit for the weekend (I own zero red clothes…. shocking, right?) but I’ve gotten a lot of inspiration from the How I Style It: Patriotic Pretties link up that happened this week with a few bloggers. Go check out some ideas if you’re needing some ideas!
Speaking of Independence Day, I’m wishing all of my fellow Americans a splendid, fun, celebratory 4th of July celebration, whatever you’re up to!! Can’t wait to see recaps next week 😉
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And be sure to tag your posts/pics on social media with #H54F! We really do try to make the rounds and like, comment, retweet, etc! It’s so much fun to support one another, isn’t it?