This week’s featured blogger is Bri from School in Our Slippers! I love blogs that share the daily stories in their lives, and that’s exactly what Bri does – stories of family adventures, memories and fun! Hop over to her blog and see all the dreamy, snowy pictures, especially when the family goes to cut down their Christmas tree! This snow loving girl in the south has major snow/cold weather envy now!
Here’s what we were up to this week!
1. I mentioned last week that I was dragging my heels about this whole Christmas thing. What happened to Fall?? Well, I got my tooshie in gear over the weekend (and, let’s be honest, the whole rest of the week…) and finally got most of our decorations up. Thank goodness! The last finishing touch was going outside and trimming our bushes for some live greenery (free!). I also take a quick walk around the neighborhood to see what the neighbors have up for grabs in their bushes. (shhh don’t tell!) Elizabeth helped me this year by following me around the yard with a bucket, and stuffing sprigs of boxwood into it. It was fun! She helped me last year too! She just couldn’t walk, so I pushed her around in her pink car.
2. Speaking of decorations, I debated whether or not this story was to be saved for today, or deserved it’s own post… and it got it’s own post. So if you haven’t read about my outdoor Christmas light annual tragedy, read it now.
3. I tackled almost all of my Christmas shopping this week! I even snagged some pretty sweet mugs for my Tis the Season mug swappers! 😉 All that’s left is to have Elizabeth whip up a craft or two for the grandparents and then I can ship it all off. Shoot! I even got our Christmas cards almost done! I’m feeling pretty good!
4. I read a great story someone shared on FB yesterday, and it really made me think. This person, being tight on money, decided that one easy gift to give someone was to give the gift of a compliment! Especially when it came to people in retail or service – servers, cashiers, retail store employees, etc. She said it brought her such joy when she had great service from someone helpful, and then asked to speak to their manager. When the manager comes up, expecting a complaint, and instead hears about an awesome employee, it makes HER day as much as it makes the manger’s and employee’s day.
To top her story off, she shared that she had someone come to her house a few days in a row to repair something, and he was so delightful and helpful! She called the office to express her gratefulness at that employee’s attitude. The next day the repair man showed up at her house to thank her for calling in her positive feedback, because the office thanked him AND gave him a Christmas bonus!
Bottom line – it’s so easy to be kind and to uplift someone, but yet most only hear the negative. Try spreading some Christmas cheer this season!
5. And in the spirit of Christmas, I’m thinking NEXT week’s H54F theme here will be my Top 5 Favorite Christmas Traditions! Anyone want to join me in that? I love Christmas Traditions!
What were you up to this week? It’s time to link up!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And be sure to tag your posts/pics on social media with #H54F! We really do try to make the rounds and like, comment, retweet, etc! It’s so much fun to support one another, isn’t it?