THANK YOU to everyone who joined us live for last night’s H54F Hangout! It was so much fun! And a special thanks to Whitney from Come Home for Comfort who joined us! Last night we figured out that we’ve known our husbands for a long time AND we’re going to have a H54F conference in Gatlinburg. haha!
This week’s featured blogger is Kristy from Seven Graces! I don’t remember when I first discovered her blog, but when I did, it was magic! She’s a mommy (we have toddler girly girls that are oh so close in age!) a wife and one of the kindest, most honest bloggers out there. Just yesterday she announced she’ll be writing a Bible Study!!! So excited for her! Swing over and meet her!
Let’s dive in to some highlights! One note – I really haven’t been taking that many pictures! This is weird….
1. Thanks for letting me whine a little last week. Sometimes it just feels good to do that. And, oddly enough, that Friday was a FANTASTIC Friday in the Terrible Twos department! Meaning, we had almost zero meltdowns. A win win! But sometimes it feels like you can’t win. But when there is a win? Magic, friends!
2. This week was wonderfully productive, but it was the kind where I was super productive doing things not exactly on my to do list. Like yesterday… I worked like a mad woman cleaning the house while Elizabeth was at her school. When I sat down to check things off the to-do list, there were only 2 to check off. Poo! Either I need to look at that to-do list more often, OR I need to be more detailed HAHA!
3. Speaking of productivity… I mentioned a while back that I’ve been obsessed with looking at bullet journals! (Remember that post from oh so long ago where I talk about my DIY planner? That is apparently called a bullet journal!) I’ve been planning on how to incorporate a bullet journal for blogging/brain dump purposes, and then transferring that info into my Simplified Planner. It’s coming together and I want to share that with you when it’s done. So many people have asked how I’m using the Simplified Planner on the daily, so this will help answer that question! But if you want to have your mind blown, just look at #bulletjournal on Instagram. Addicting!
4. This week was SO frosty! This is a problem because my coats aren’t zipping up (#pregnancyproblems) so I’m exposed to the elements. Elizabeth and I had a museum day on Wednesday. I thought we’d just tackle the inside part, but she was adamant about heading outside. Like a good mommy, I brought the hat & gloves for her, just in case. But me? SO COLD! I was even wearing shoes without socks, ankles exposed (so scandalous). I hate to be hot, so I always dress like it’s really 10 degrees warmer… but it was a fail on my part. But we did have fun!
5. What’s everyone doing for Valentine’s Day? I seriously don’t remember the last time my husband and I went out for Valentine’s Day. Maybe when we were dating in college? And escaping off campus sounded like a genius idea? But that was over 10 years ago! So I’m making his favorite homemade pizza and Elizabeth and I will be making cookies! That’s about as exciting as it gets around here… a FANTASTIC Valentine’s Day would be falling asleep early! Too much to ask?
In case you missed the goings on around here this week, here’s what you missed!
What were you up to this week? Let me know!