Menu Monday | Streamlining Grocery Shopping

ListCloseUp

Happy Monday! Did you have a glorious weekend? We were sunny but cold here, but still a lot of fun crammed in! I spent all day Saturday in Charlotte for the Influence Conference, where I FINALLY got to meet my meal planning partner-in-crime Whitney from Come Home for Comfort! We had a great time. More to come on Friday.

This week I’m trying out something new! Harris Teeter (the fancier, pricier of the grocery store chains in our area) offers a service for online ordering and a drive-through pick up, all for just $5! I have had so many local friends rave about the service, and with a new baby coming, it seemed like it might be a great option for busy weeks.

I planned out my menu as normal, and then just clicked around online selecting my items. The handy thing? You can see the sales and compare prices really easily! There is also a running total in the corner of your screen so you can easily adjust products and quantities if you’re hitting your grocery budget max.

One of the easiest ways for me to blow a budget at the grocery store is to impulse buy. This will ABSOLUTELY prevent me from that. So handy!

If this works, I may need to tweak my shopping strategy slightly… TBD. But looking forward to sharing how it goes. Maybe there is a similar service in your area??

For this week’s menu, it’s heavy on the Asian flavors… don’t know why… it was just speaking to me. Maybe because we’ve been eating quite a bit of Thai lately since a new restaurant opened up down the road.

Monday:
Burgers and Fries

Tuesday:
Thai Style Lettuce Wraps

Wednesday:
Orzo Summer Salad

Thursday:
Vegetarian Thai Noodles

Friday:
Taco Salad

Saturday:
Leftovers

Sunday:
Vegetarian Pot Pie

Need more info for how I menu plan? Check this out!
Or read up on my favorite meal planning and grocery shopping hacks!

Need more ideas for dinner?
Follow my Pinterest board – it’s where I save all of my dinner ideas!

Follow Katie | Cup of Tea Blog's board Good Eats | Dinner on Pinterest.

Follow me: Instagram | YouTube | TwitterFacebook | Google+ | BlogLovin’ | Pinterest

Linking up at Menu Monday with Org Junkie

1. Whitney says:

I can’t wait to hear how this goes for you! This would definitely be awesome for busy weeks. We don’t have Harris Teeter in the area, but I think Publix offers a similar service through a third party company.

2. Jacquelyn says:

Harris Teeter is where I shop every week and I always see people doing the online ordering pickups.. I’ll need to try it! I used to coupon like crazy but then after having a baby I gave up because it took so much time, so online might work since I don’t really use coupons anyway anymore.

3. Amanda says:

Oooohhhhh I am a Harris Teeter girl and have found that they aren’t as pricey as one thinks! I hope this system works very well for you, pretty mommy! xo Amanda

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

It’s not too bad price wise. Just depends on what you get!! But I’m definitely saving by avoiding the impulse purchases ?

4. Beth says:

The menu looks great! I can’t wait to hear how you like the service. I think Price Cutter offers that around here, but it is also the most expensive grocery store in town too :(.

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Exactly. The most expensive place offers the coolest service! But the most expensive usually has the best customer service, which you kind of want if someone is picking out your produce for you haha!! I’m looking forward to trying it out a few times and seeing how it goes!

5. Whitney Jordan says:

I love the idea of on-line grocery shopping and drive through pick ups especially when you’re about to have a baby. You’ll have to let us know what you think of it, but I’m sad because I don’t think any stores in my area offer it. I’ve been using my grocery shopping time as a little alone time each week and it’s been nice. Peace and quiet as I stroll through the store 🙂 #momlife

6. Emily says:

The Vegetarian Thai Noodles looks so tasty and now I’m checking out a bunch of her other recipes. I am adding to my grocery list…

Can you find Chinese broccoli at most grocery stores?

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

I ended up subbing asparagus for the Chinese broccoli because my store didn’t have it. You could even do fresh green beans! And then maybe some kale or spinach to replace the Chinese broccoli leaves. But asparagus was a yummy tweak!