This week’s featured blogger is Jessica from Life. Love. Reality! I love that she says one of her purposes of the blog is to give other women a chance to just honestly express their thoughts on life, marriage, family, etc. Her summer bucket list looks like such fun! Since I didn’t create one for us, I may just borrow hers! Be sure to swing over and say hello! That’s what I love about featuring a blogger each week – it gives us all a chance to meet new people!!
It was a pretty normal week around here… and not too many interesting highlights. SO I thought I’d switch things up and talk about the 5 things on my mind now that I’m a mom of 2.
1. When I’m running the show solo, I don’t like being outnumbered. My husband has a light schedule this month, so he’s been able to spend a TON of time at home with us, which is great! But when he is gone for meetings, that seems to be the time when both kids start crying. It’s inevitable! And I’m instantly pulled in two directions… some days it would be nice to be an octopus!
2. Adjusting to having a newborn again has been just fine… EXCEPT for the middle of the night feedings/cry sessions. That part of Elizabeth’s first few months must have been sponged from our memories, because my husband and I swear she didn’t do multiple wakings at night (I’m sure she did… it’s just all one big sleep deprived blur). It’s been hard to get used to operating on limited sleep… not going to lie. I’m pretty sure last night I was asleep standing up.
3. There are so many things to look forward to with these two kiddos! I can’t wait to see how they’ll play together. I wonder if they’ll be best buds like my sister and me. I can’t wait for William to start crawling so they can follow each other around! But then I’m all caught up in holding a little baby, and my sweet girl trying to take care of him, and I just don’t want these moments to go by quite so quickly.
4. Newborn bodily fluids just do not phase me. Poop on the hands? Fine! Spit up on my shirt – do I really need to change? But if any of my toddler’s ick ends up on me? Hazmat suits come out. Bleh!
5. Staying connected with my husband is SO much more important now. We’re, understandably, feeling like 100% mommy and daddy right now. The idea of organizing a date night and a baby sitter that can handle a newborn and toddler seems overwhelming to me. But I’m realizing regularly connecting is going to be so crucial. Veterans – any tips on how to incorporate this when you’re just trying to survive as a parent? It’s feeling like being a spouse is almost too much to ask for right now.
BONUS! I was quickly scanning the week’s pics and realized, hey! There were a few things that happened!
Clockwise from L: William celebrating 2 weeks on Tuesday! Elizabeth enjoyed the “paddling pool” and wearing a “swimming costume”. My parents came into town last weekend and Elizabeth soaked all that time up. We also snuck out to our favorite breakfast spot and I loved sitting next to my favorite girl!
What were you up to this week? Let me know!