This week’s featured blogger is Emily from A Little Bit of Emily! I love the blogging style she uses – it feels like you’re just chatting with a friend about everyday life! She recently shared her July Goals, and if you want a tasty treat to make this weekend, check out this awesome recipe for her mom’s Homemade Chex Mix snack. Swing over and give a hearty H54F Hello!
1. One thing that keeps us super busy each week is play dates! It’s a Mommy’s survival. We had one Monday and Wednesday. And then Elizabeth has school again on Tuesday and Thursday. So you can imagine, today, we’re just excited to be home and not needing to rush out the door ASAP. HA!
2. I’ve been noticing William is starting to leave the newborn phase and is starting to become a baby. He’ll be 2 months old next week and we’re just one month away from the 4th Trimester being over. He’s awake more often and smiling. He loves laying on his play mat every evening. He is also sleeping longer at night (hooray!). Not to mention his hair is growing. And it makes me smile 🙂
3. So my thumb joints are SUPER sore! Why? This week I started going to exercise classes. I don’t know WHY I signed up for this, but I signed up for boot camp-style classes. Why? Who knows… I’m more of a low-sweat girl. But I’m actually surprised I like them! This particular franchise is women only, and there are so many different women in this class of all ages, fitness levels, and stamina. So as a girl who is 7 weeks post partum, I don’t feel like the odd duck there. I feel comfortable to go at my own pace, but still feeling motivated to “compete” with the person next to me. I go to the 5am class, which I realize sound crazy, but there is nothing better than coming back home, after working out, and your family, kids included, is still upstairs asleep. Bliss! I went Wednesday for the first time and then again this morning. I was SORE Thursday, understandably. But I think my thumbs are sore because of all the floor exercises. They just aren’t used to that level of exertion.
4. On a blog note, I’ve realized it’s really hard to find quiet time to sit down and film, let alone time to edit. So I’ve been thinking about once a week jumping on FB Live to just chat, OR even using…. SnapChat. FB Live seems more my style (you know I can talk) but I need to think about some loose topics, or else it will quickly get boring. Anything you want me to chat about?
5. 9 years ago today my husband and I were married! We got married in Columbus (technically Worthington) Ohio, in the same church I grew up in. It was one of the most laid back weddings ever, even though it was a fairly large, formal wedding. Nothing really went wrong (except that an aunt got left behind at the hotel and had to take a cab to the wedding) and we had a great time! We aren’t planning on any big celebrations, but we do have a baby sitter tonight and we’re headed out to eat! Hooray!
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!