Who had a festive week?? We did!
1. Fourth of July was just the best! We did crafts, learned songs, chanted USA all day. And then we had a party with friends in the evening, complete with enough food to feed an army AND a kids parade! We even made it back to Durham just in time to catch the fireworks downtown! Elizabeth was THRILLED! We pulled off to a side street and slowly rubber-necked our way back home. It was fun!
2. Did I ever show you this picture?? I think I mentioned last week that Elizabeth had Science Summer Camp at her preschool. Well this gem was the take-home! It was amazing! And if you ever saw our previous school craft pics (like Drunk Santa) then you’ll know this is serious improvement!
3. Sunday we went to a birthday party at Pullen Park in downtown Raleigh! If you are local you haven’t been to Pullen Park, you must! It’s an old amusement park with a great playground area, carousal, train and boat ride. Anyway, I’m so grateful for friends that actually take pictures. I usually get so distracted by the goings-on that I forget to snap pics. (Hence… no 4th of July pics!) So thanks to my sweet friend, we have this picture:
And she snapped this picture!
Isn’t that picture just SCREAMING to be a “that moment when you…” meme? If memory serves me correctly, there was actually a bug buzzing around Elizabeth’s eye, and I really wanted to swat it away, but was worried I’d smack her! But also… blue frosting… we once went to a party where there was BLACK frosting on the cupcakes!
4. Remember last week’s post on 60 day habits? Well I’m pleased to announce that I started my first one, daily planning, on the first and I’m doing ok! I’ve missed the 4th… because we got home SO late and knew the next day was going to be a quiet day. But otherwise doing well! I really should start tracking my water habit next because I’m doing REALLY well with that, randomly. But one habit at a time. Look for a recap at the end of the month.
5. I’m such a podcast fan, so this week I shared my favorite productivity podcasts! I’ve got a few more posts planned with other recommendations, but definitely check out these great ones!
Today’s featured blogger is Amanda from Cupcake N Dreams! Amanda is a lifestyle blogger sharing all about her adventures at home and away! Her Huntsville travel guide has me wanting to pack my bags to visit. And her recap of her Bahamas trip to Atlantis is amazing! Swing over and say hi to Amanda!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!