This week had quite the swing… let’s chat!
1. So I was super sick last week. Definitely not feeling good. Thankfully, everyone else seemed spared. William got a touch of a sniffle, and that’s basically it. Phew! I really wasn’t looking forward to my kids getting sick.
2. Anyone else really excited for the Olympics?? I can’t wait! I’ve been showing Elizabeth clips of various winter sports so she can see what to expect. I think we’ll watch the opening ceremony on Sunday and hopefully find a version that doesn’t have commercials 🙂 We had a fun Olympics party 2 years ago for the summer Olympics and I plan on repeating that on Sunday! Elizabeth will never know it’s a few days late.
3. This week it felt so good hauling several boxes to the donation center. Anyone else love to purge?? I “subtly” convinced my husband to go through his books. SO many books. He let go of so many! Unfortunately, Elizabeth found my hidden box of toys/books to be donated. I need to be faster at donating!
4. So we had a fun early start to the week, especially considering I was feeling better. But then came Wednesday. I picked up Elizabeth at preschool, and her teacher let me know that during the music class, Elizabeth and another boy were SPITTING on to the floor! Spitting! My sweet, respectful Elizabeth! I was surprised. So it gave us a whole afternoon to talk about respect, listening to teachers, and not doing yucky things. She had to make an apology card for her music teacher. And she was remorseful! She kept saying all during lunch that her “heart hurts”. Glad to hear the Holy Spirit is at work in her.
5. Fast forward a few hours…. Wednesday evening we went back to Elizabeth’s school for the evening preschool class. Her little apology note tucked in her hand. I said “see ya later!” and took William up to the lobby of the church to wait the 30 minutes until the end of class. William has a tradition of bringing a ball and trying to play catch with all the folks coming in to the church for the Wednesday night prayer meeting. It’s so cute! Enter in a sweet little lady. She saw William with his ball, and said “toss it to me!”. And William did! It was a poor throw… it was bouncing on the floor towards her. She tried to lean and pick it up and ended up loosing her balance! She crashed to the floor and we knew it wasn’t good.
She. Broke. Her. Hip.
Thanks to William and his little ball.
UGH! I just felt so awful. She was in such agony. William knew something was wrong and just stood near by, saying “uh oh”.
It was an AWFUL end to the evening.
This sweet lady is apparently in great spirits while she’s waiting on her surgery later today. If you have a chance, could you say a little prayer for her? She’s apparently even asked after William, making sure he’s ok. Mercy.
So we had 2 incidents on Wednesday that will be stories for our kids for YEARS.
This week’s featured blogger is Heather from My Glittery Heart! She’s a DIY/Craft fan (like this post all about DIY glittery steamless glasses), loves planners (like this planner layout post!) and has fun sharing about her day to day life. Swing over and say hello to Heather!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!