Mercy me, it’s Friday already! The week just zoomed by!
And now, back to my week wrap up!
1. Since my husband was gone last week, I decided to take Elizabeth to visit my in-laws! I’m pretty lucky- there aren’t many people who would willing go visit their in-laws without their spouse. But they’re just such wonderful people, and I love watching Elizabeth interact with them. We crammed in quite a lot, but last Friday we went to Colonial Williamsburg (love!). We wrapped up the evening with pizza at Donatos! This made my Ohio heart sing. It’s the pizza of my childhood, and they’ve slowly migrated out of Columbus. I had to order my family’s old go-to pizza – mushrooms, black olives, green peppers and onions. I haven’t had this pizza for… years. A decade, maybe? I sent a pic to my sister, who wrote back immediately that she was jealous.
2. While we had a fun time in Virginia, the ride back to North Carolina wasn’t so great. Elizabeth had a back case of the icky diapers and diaper rash, so we had to stop twice for diaper changes. Then 30 minutes from the RDU airport to pick up hubby, she vomited. Ick! And then again before we got home. She had a fever for two days, and, thankfully, by Wednesday, she seemed to be on the mend. And the car seat will never be the same again.
3. I spent some time planning out Christmas presents! I’ve got some great ideas for some folks, and then zero inspiration for others. If you’re needing a little inspiration, check out my favorite mugs! (These would be perfect to send to your Mug Swap partner, if you’ve signed up!)
4. Wednesday I made a quick run to the Dollar Tree (my newest store obsession!) to see if they had particular craft supplies. On the way home I swung through the Starbucks drive through. I was getting irritated because it took forever to crawl to the window! Although, to be honest, it doesn’t take much to make me annoyed… #truestory. Anyway, I roll up to the window to pay and pick up my drink, and the Starbucks dude says my drink was already paid for by the car in front of me. Say what?? Awesome! I felt like a bit of a schmuck not doing the same for the person behind me, but next time I will! (Unless it’s a pick up for an office complex…)
5. Thursday night my husband’s department got tickets for the Duke vs. UNC football game! (Go Duke!) We froze our tails off, but it was so much fun, despite the fact that Duke got a whoopin’. I’ve missed watching college football.
This weekend the Big Eastern Coffee Championships will be in Durham. It sounds like tons of fun, so we’ll probably head out to that at some point!
So what were you up to? Let me know in the comments! Hope you have a great weekend! (And don’t forget to sign up for the Mug Swap! Deadline to sign up is November 24!)
Linking up with: