Today’s featured blogger is Rema from Jewelry & Jeans! She’s a lifestyle/fashion blogger (seriously, her outfits!! Love!), a wife and a mommy to 2 boys. Definitely check out her post all about the Momiform and an awesome gypsie-style dress. And leave a hearty HELLO and a Happy Friday over there!
Hello September!! I’m so happy to see you!
1. Can we get a case of the giggles out of the way? If you’re a fan of Waiting for Guffman or Best in Show, then this next Netflix addition is for you. The trailer. I can’t even watch it now without immediately laughing.
2. This week was a week of ups and downs as far as the kids go. We had fun times! But then we’d have these horrible moments of terrible 2/threenager (I swear Elizabeth is just moving from horrible to the next). But all was made up when I saw this. So adorable!
3. One of the fun things was heading to a new-to-us park, just around the corner. A local church set it up and it was absolutely precious! Completly shaded (YES!) and all to ourselves. The best! Besides the usual slide and swings, they had the cutest assortment of natural play areas. A play kitchen from branches, stumps for tables and chairs, and even a log for a balance beam! Not to mention my little worker bee Elizabeth spent 30 minutes picking up small sticks and putting them in a wagon. If only she was as productive at home…
4. Can we continue the kid theme this week? How many moms have seen the new kids clothes, Cat & Jack, at Target? Seriously the cutest things! I had about 6 graphic tees in my hands this week and had to resist. What I love (at least on the girls’ side) is it’s not all princesses and tutus. They had dinosaur t shirts! Hooray! My little science/dirt girl would love that.
5. Yesterday marked 12 years since my husband and I started dating. We were entering our Junior year in college. We had been friends for 2 solid years and spent the entire summer emailing each other back and forth. So when we got back to school that Junior year, 2004, we knew it was meant to be. Our first date? I dragged him to go see Princess Diaries II… we were the only ones in the theater, and I’m confident he checked his watch AT LEAST 10 times. HA! Before that movie we had seen one other movie together, in the theater… we saw The Passion of the Christ. That’s right folks. We were just friends, our sophomore year, and we decided “Hey! Want to see a movie? What about Passion of the Christ?”. We sat next to each other, sobbing. I was so emotionally drained by the end that I just wanted to go back to my dorm. Thankfully, we pushed past that. Now, 12 years later, my best friend and I are looking around, wondering where all the time has gone. Wild! There! Your random story for the week 🙂
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!