Today’s featured blogger is Shelly from The Queen in Between! She’s a wife and mother who LOVES her family! Her posts are always a delightful mix of recipes (like these chicken enchiladas!), fashion (she co-hosts the Ageless Style linkup!) and delightful lifestyle posts! Swing over, say hello and check out Shelly’s blog.
This week just flew by! I’m looking forward to a cozy weekend here at home. It’s even supposed to snow (or dust… I’ll take either) overnight so I’m SUPER excited to wake up in the morning to see what we got.
Anyway, on to the week!
1. Last week my family was in town visiting us. It’s always such a treat when my parents are here, and we were definitely feeling the “Grandma + Grandpa Blues” when they were gone. We didn’t do much other than hang around at the house, eat out a few times, and just enjoy each other’s company. The perfect visit! (At least for me…. maybe they were bored??)
2. This week I busted out a new cookbook – The Southern Vegetarian cookbook from the Chubby Vegetarian blog. I flipped through the cookbooks at my in laws home over Thanksgiving and instantly requested them for Christmas! The first meal I made was so good and looked OH so fancy for a weeknight meal. I snapped a pic on Instagram and it was quickly regrammed by the bloggers. Fun!
3. I finally had a chance to sort through our Christmas pictures! Am I the only person that takes forever to get pictures off of a camera?? If there is a faster/lazier way, please tell me! Anyway, I couldn’t stop smiling at all the sweet pictures, but these are my favs.
4. My MAJOR goal this week was “Take Christmas Down” and it was accomplished! Hooray! Everything was sorted through, packed up, and hauled up to the attic. Check! Next week I have a big plan to purge, purge, and purge some more! Something about a new year makes we want to declutter everything….. I also made it to the gym 3 days this week! I hadn’t been since around Thanksgiving time for a variety of reasons, so it was great getting back in there. I also ache from head to toe…. but that was to be expected.
5. Blog-wise, there was some productivity as well, but all for next week. I got on a late roll with videos, photos and writing, that I just decided they’d all get published starting NEXT week! But one thing I want to focus on in 2017 on the blog is more content around productivity and organization. I love this topic! And I love trying out different tips and hacks to see what works best. I’m a naturally lazy individual, so I love finding ways to do the most amount of work in the least amount of time. Anyone else like that??
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!