Welcome to High Five for Friday – hosted by me, Tif, and Della! Come, read up on what we’ve been up to this week and get to know some amazing bloggers down below!
Today’s featured blogger is Shelly from The Queen in Between! She’s a wife and mother who LOVES her family! Her posts are always a delightful mix of recipes (like these chicken enchiladas!), fashion (she co-hosts the Ageless Style linkup!) and delightful lifestyle posts! Swing over, say hello and check out Shelly’s blog.
This week just flew by! I’m looking forward to a cozy weekend here at home. It’s even supposed to snow (or dust… I’ll take either) overnight so I’m SUPER excited to wake up in the morning to see what we got.
Anyway, on to the week!
1. Last week my family was in town visiting us. It’s always such a treat when my parents are here, and we were definitely feeling the “Grandma + Grandpa Blues” when they were gone. We didn’t do much other than hang around at the house, eat out a few times, and just enjoy each other’s company. The perfect visit! (At least for me…. maybe they were bored??)
2. This week I busted out a new cookbook – The Southern Vegetarian cookbook from the Chubby Vegetarian blog. I flipped through the cookbooks at my in laws home over Thanksgiving and instantly requested them for Christmas! The first meal I made was so good and looked OH so fancy for a weeknight meal. I snapped a pic on Instagram and it was quickly regrammed by the bloggers. Fun!
3. I finally had a chance to sort through our Christmas pictures! Am I the only person that takes forever to get pictures off of a camera?? If there is a faster/lazier way, please tell me! Anyway, I couldn’t stop smiling at all the sweet pictures, but these are my favs.
4. My MAJOR goal this week was “Take Christmas Down” and it was accomplished! Hooray! Everything was sorted through, packed up, and hauled up to the attic. Check! Next week I have a big plan to purge, purge, and purge some more! Something about a new year makes we want to declutter everything….. I also made it to the gym 3 days this week! I hadn’t been since around Thanksgiving time for a variety of reasons, so it was great getting back in there. I also ache from head to toe…. but that was to be expected.
5. Blog-wise, there was some productivity as well, but all for next week. I got on a late roll with videos, photos and writing, that I just decided they’d all get published starting NEXT week! But one thing I want to focus on in 2017 on the blog is more content around productivity and organization. I love this topic! And I love trying out different tips and hacks to see what works best. I’m a naturally lazy individual, so I love finding ways to do the most amount of work in the least amount of time. Anyone else like that??
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!
Follow me: Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Google | BlogLovin’ | Pinterest
Ha I would take suggestions as well on the photo business! Happy Friday!
I know!! HAHA the phone pics have ruined me… it’s so much easier to see pics and post from my phone. Happy Friday to you too!
I am such a failure at getting the pictures off of the camera that I don’t even use it. I just use my phone! So, I totally get it. Happy weekend! Sounds like you e had an uber productive week! Those are the best!
I LOVE pictures from the camera, BUT it’s such a multi-step process to get them off…. so yes, phone all the time! Have a great weekend too!
Happy Friday, Katie! Your family’s visit did sound perfect! I’m sure they weren’t bored for a moment and enjoyed your company as much as you did theirs! Your Christmas pics are so precious! What sweet moments you captured! I just got my pics onto the computer too, so no shame there, girl! 😉 Wishing you and yours a super cozy first weekend of the year!
xo – Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate
Thank you!! I always joke that family doesn’t come to see us anymore… they come for the kids 🙂 HAHA! But we all did have a fun time. Happy Weekend to you all!
Yay for getting Christmas down. That is a MAJOR chore and always one I dread. One, because it is over but two because it is a lot of work and not nearly as fun as putting it out. I love the Christmas snaps. Have a great weekend!
I dread taking it down too. Well… I dread doing it, but I’m usually ready for the clean slate… a catch 22! But so much work getting it all away. Hope you had a great weekend!
Great week! I’m glad your family got to come to you for Christmas. It sounded perfect! Congrats on your yummy dinner regram and for getting all of your Christmas taken down. I love a fresh, clean slate in January
January is always a delightful month because it does feel like such a fresh start!!
Our tree is still up! I’m now worried we’ve missed the cutoff of tree pick-up. Where do they even go? Ha! I do love the twinkle lights though…it’s hard to let it go.
HAHA I’m sure there is still pick up! Or you could always load it into your car and drive around looking for a secluded spot to dump and run 😉 But I agree – the tree is the hardest for me to take down. The lights are the best!
I’ve been blog productive this week too! Once that calendar flipped to 2017, I felt like I had a new lease on life! Haha And as much as I love my DSLR, I hate having to get pictures off of it. More instant gratification! 😀 Have a great weekend!!
HAHA Yay for 2017! And I agree – the phone just makes it so much easier to snap pics and share. But I love the pictures off our big camera so much more… such a First World problem 🙂
Love all your Christmas photos!! I’m the worst at getting them off my camera too. It’s going to be cold and rainy here all weekend, so getting Christmas stuff down is our weekend goal. Enjoy yours!
Meg, Borrowed Heaven
Hope you had a great weekend! Nothing like rainy cold days to keep you productive inside. I’m SO much more productive on rainy days!
I saw your Artichoke Hearts and Succotash dish on Instagram. It looks delicious! I also take forever to get the pics off my camera….and then it takes another forever to actually order them as prints as well! Our Christmas stuff will be coming down this weekend. I was sick and pretty unproductive last week! Have a great weekend!
The prints and albums!!! I need to just print a ton off… I hate that we have all these pics but nothing on display… Hope you’re feeling better!
Love your pics from Christmas – looks like everyone had a lovely time! Bravo on the regram – that’s quite a compliment!! I’m hoping for snow too, we’ll see if it’s all hype. 🙂
Snow snow snow! It’s been a winter wonderland here! And it sure felt extra cool to have a regram! 🙂
What a sweet, sweet surprise to find myself featured today!! You guys are so sweet, thank you so much.
Still drooling over that dish! And pictures…I’m hoping to spend some time organizing pictures this weekend. I’m great about getting them onto the computer but not so great at making sure I organize them immediately.
Have a super weekend!
You’re so welcome!!! Surprise! 🙂
I wish I was better about printing pictures off or making an album. It’s fun having a ton of pictures, but I wish we had some albums or something! A new project for 2017!
That dish looks amazing!!! What a success!
It was SO good! A little fussy for a weeknight dinner, but it sure tasted and felt fancy.
Happy New Year! Your Christmas pics are adorable! Good work on getting Christmas taken down. I always feel like my house is HUGE once the decorations come down and I love that feeling! Have a fabulous weekend!
Nothing better than a clear and clean house! I seriously forgot what the house looked like without the tree HAHA! I kept commenting about it, like it had been up for a year. Silly me! Hope you had a great weekend too!