Unlike last week’s gloriously mundane week, this week was full of the usual hustle and bustle. But it was full of fun memories and moments! Want to see what the average day is like around here?
1. My favorite time to go out to eat is breakfast. Both kids are happy and pleasant. I love the free coffee refills. It just feels like a great way to start of the day. Everyone was up johnny on the spot on Saturday so I convinced everyone to head out to our favorite breakfast spot. William was just a hoot! His face was almost 100% of the time stuffed full of food. He couldn’t stop people watching. It was just so sweet!
2. Elizabeth and I seemed to have a lot of giggles this week. I swear, from 3 – 3.5, there was some sort of gremlin that inhabited Elizabeth’s body. She was crabby! Cranky! Shouty! Post 3.5 birthday? She’s delightful! Sweet! Funny! And even if she kicks off, she’s quick to realize where things went wrong and how to fix it next time. So I’m soaking all of this up before the next curve ball arrives!
3. William is a constant explorer right now. He has his hot spots in the house. Any time he is plopped on the floor he does the following:
- Check to see if bathroom door is open. If it is, zoom to it and go inside before mommy notices
- Head to bookshelf. Pull down at least 3 books.
- Jiggle the floor lamp. See if anyone notices. If so, then smile and move on.
- Crawl to Elizabeth. Make her shout “MOM!”.
- Head to kitchen. Check for any dropped food.
- Try to open oven drawer. Squish mommy’s toe, if possible.
- Take the baby proof lock off the undersink cabinet. Don’t care about the cabinet’s contents. I just want that lock.
- Open snack cabinet. Pull out everything and sort. Check for open bags or pouches, and consume.
4. Thursday night we got to pop out for a little food truck/playground event. It was such fun! We got to hang with friends, eat food while standing, and have popsicles! Neither kid wanted to pause the popsicle eating for a picture.
5. It’s been super busy around here! I posted my “to do list before Friday afternoon” list on IG yesterday and it was a shocker! To be honest, I thrive and am more productive when I have a pressing deadline. But even I was daunted by the length and complexity of my to-do list. Yesterday I spent the morning working on a church project and then the afternoon on cleaning the upstairs rooms. Those 2 projects were lengthy! The rest got knocked out fairly quick. But then there are today’s projects!
What’s the urgency? Well, my husband and I are leaving, alone(!!!), on a week long vacation to the NC mountains. My parents are arriving this evening to stay here with the kids while we explore and have fun! So there is lots to do before they arrive as well as plan for next week while we’re gone. Mercy! But slowly things are getting checked off! Follow along on InstaStories for vacation sneak peaks!
Featured Blogger of the Week!
Our featured Blogger this week is Fonda from Savvy Southern Chic! Fonda features some of the best chic outfits around! I’m loving her navy ankle pant outfit as well as this combo of a floral shirt and blush pants!! LOVE the blush pants! Swing over and say hello to Fonda!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!