I hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Can you believe that we’re already in the Christmas season? It’s just so nuts. This year has absolutely flown by. Let’s talk about what we’ve been up to the last few weeks.
1. Elizabeth had her little Thanksgiving program at her school last week, and it was precious! I coached her for days, telling her to sing nice and loud. She caught a cold a few days prior, so I was worried she’d not be into it. But thankfully, she sang loud, smiled, and had a great time!
2. Thanksgiving Day was a fun day! My parents stayed with us for the week, and my in-laws drove down on Thanksgiving Day to eat with us. It was a high time! Thankfully a lot of the food was made Tuesday and Wednesday, so that our actual cooking on Thanksgiving was minimal. We watched the parade, did some crafts, and had a wonderful time!
3. Here’s a funny story! One evening I was getting William a cup of milk. I poured it, placed the top on, but then kind of forgot. William was patiently watching me, but when he saw I wasn’t giving him the milk, he disappeared, went to the bathroom, grabbed the step stool, hauled it to the counter, and grabbed his milk! HAHA! He’s never done that before!
4. We started decorating for Christmas this week. It was so sweet to have the kids helping with the tree.
And, every year we have some sort of funny event with decorating. This year I couldn’t help but chuckle because our tree has no decorations on the lower third. HAHA!
And all our candles for our Advent wreath are crooked, thanks to being stored in the hot attic all year! It is just HILARIOUS! I could order more candles, but honestly, I’m embracing the imperfect Christmas.
5. Last weekend we went to a Cookies With Santa event at Elizabeth’s preschool’s church. It was SO sweet! It wasn’t too crowded so Elizabeth got a lot of time with Santa. And William didn’t seem to mind sitting on his lap. We could bring our own camera and snap away.
Today’s featured blogger is Andrea at Living on Cloud Nine! Andrea has been linking up with High Five for Friday for years! She loves sharing the everyday life, fashion and the simple things that make the days special. She helps co-host The Blended Blog’s fashion link up. And you NEED to scan her recipes page! She has so many awesome recipes!! You’re going to find something you must make. Swing over and say hi to Andrea!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!