We’ve all recovered from last week’s illnesses and it was a fantastic week! We had the most glorious, NORMAL week this week! I love when we get back into routine.
1. Did you get any winter weather/cold last week? I was shocked that we’ve been so cold for so long. This was the longest stretch of super cold (like below freezing, and even single digits!) that I can ever remember since living here in NC. We managed to get some snow and it stuck around for several days! The downside is that we only had one day of school last week… but oh well. Plenty of time to play at home! Elizabeth wanted to get out in the snow immediately and I’m positive she did about 30 snow angels all over the yard.
Also, observe that the half inch or so of snow warrented 3 days of school closures. #winterinthesouth As my sister, who lives in Chicago, said, “It’s a cute winter snow advisory”.
2. Our Christmas decorations all came down last week, but I delayed on taking down the tree. The decorations came off so I could put boxes away, but I left the tree and lights for a few extra days. And Elizabeth decided it needed to be redecorated with her own magical things.
3. I’m so excited for this year! I just have this feeling that it’s going to be a special year. I wrote about my word of the year, JOY, earlier this week. You know when you’re feeling like you need to choose a certain path and then you notice it popping up everywhere? There’s a song, a phrase, a friend tells you something… anyway, that’s me right now. I’m finding JOY popping up everywhere right now, and I hope that doesn’t stop.
4. I was flicking through photos and noticed some pics from our Christmas trip to Colonial Williamsburg! It is one of my favorite places to visit. It’s truly like walking back in time. And at Christmas time it’s extra festive. I hadn’t been there since Elizabeth was 13 months old! So it was fun to re-introduce her to Williamsburg. And William just loved seeing all the horses walking by. He basically ran the whole time. I got him to sit briefly for a few minutes but otherwise he was zooming! But it was a fun memory-making trip.
5. Anyone else love January? I love the calm that January brings. There’s that cold, gray blue sky. The decorations are down and the house just feels clean and fresh. And a new plan! I just love it!
This week’s featured blogger is Jess from To Sparkle Punch! Jess’s mission is to find the sparkle in the every day, and it SHOWS on her blog! If you haven’t read Jess’s blog before, then prepare yourself for funny jokes, cat pictures, and a good dose of snark (in the best way!). I ADORE Jess! I think I snort out loud at each post. Jess is on a journey of self-growth, and she takes it all in stride. Swing over and meet Jess!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!