This was a fun week! I hope you had a fun week too!
1. I can’t believe that the snow stuck around through the weekend, despite the 60s weather. I was SO jazzed by the end of the week last week that we had church on Saturday, so I could see grown ups. But then…. church was canceled. Our parking lot was still an ice rink and the back, shady roads were still slick. I just about bawled. So we quickly decided to have friends over for brunch! And it was so delightful! Brunch is my favorite.
2. So last week I said that Elizabeth loved playing with our DSLR camera… well this week my husband got the “great” idea that he could give Elizabeth my old cell phone, wipe it clean and let her play with the camera on that. Oh mercy. That phone, after one week, is full of almost 1,000 pictures and videos of blurry selfies, random mom and dad shots, and accidental thumb pictures. You should hear her videos! They are hilarious! I need to figure out how to get a few off the phone to share. But the kid is 4, and I’m already saying “no phones at the table”.
3. Since we’ve already had so many snow days this month, the kids’ preschool had a few make up days. On Tuesday, William went in to school while Elizabeth stayed home with me. I kept asking Elizabeth what she’d like to do – go to the library? Go to the craft store? Go to the museum? You know what she chose? Do crafts at home! I honestly thought she’d be up for that for about 20 minutes, and then want to do something else. But my sweet girl just sat at the dining room table for 3 hours, making crafts. It was so nice getting a chance to spend a morning with just her!
4. And then there’s William. We got to sit and play while Elizabeth was at school yesterday. He really has become a kid that likes to play. He is obsessed with cars and baby dolls right now! He’s a little boy with an older sister! HA!
5. I’m super excited for this weekend! My year of Joy starts this weekend. What brings me joy is spending time with people. So we’ve got our friends coming over for brunch this Sunday! Hooray! Friend time is the best.
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!