This week’s featured blog is The Sequin Notebook! Two friends with a blog has got to mean good times! These girls write about all my favorites things in a blog – fashion, beauty, every day awesome, and DIY! Did you see their photos from their Oscar Party? So fun!!! Swing by and check them out!
Here’s what I was up to this week:
1. Elizabeth got sick this week, so we spent quite a bit of time staying quiet and lounging on the couch, watching Daniel Tiger. She is quite the little TV junkie… and I’m sure she would watch it all day, every day, if I let her. Like Mother, like Daughter.
2. I revolutionized Elizabeth’s world when I dug up an old iPod Touch (remember when those things were, like, awesome??). She’s been toting that thing around all week. And then, woah. Mommy found Daddy’s old blackberry, with actual buttons. Heaven!
3. I saw this pop up on my Instagram feed, and it just hit home. This year I’ve been involved in a Bible study where we’ve been talking about prayer and how to have a richer prayer life. I have a good, casual, “chat with God every day” kind of prayer life, but I rarely pray what’s on my heart, and don’t like to give up control. My more serious prayers sound something like “God, here’s what I’d like done, and I think it’s for the best. Sound good? Please agree with me, thanks”. And it’s all because I don’t like to hear “no”. I needed to be reminded this week that even if God says “no”, it’s because He’s got a bigger plan, with something amazing later for me. And even if I get “no”, He still listened and loved me enough to answer.
4. Anyone else get some snow this week? I sort of scoffed at the weather men that said “North Carolina should expect 6-8″ overnight” on Wednesday, but I hate to miss a “stock up on supplies” run pre-weather event. So Elizabeth and I, along with all other Durham-ites, hit the grocery store Wednesday to buy ice cream and donuts – the essentials. And, just in case, I made brownies….. smart.
5. But, lo and behold, the weathermen were right! On Thursday, we woke up to the prettiest snow fall I’ve seen in a while! It was such fun enjoying the peace and silence that snow brings.
So what were you up to this week??? I want to know!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post!
Don’t forget to visit your fellow linkers and say hi!