This week’s featured blogger is Candice from She’s Leaning In! She’s my kind of girl – a lover of pretty skirts, fun products, and fun home decor. Plus, last week was her FIRST week linking up with H54F ever! So DEFINITELY be sure to jump over and say Hi & welcome!!
There hasn’t been too much going on, so I thought I’d do 5 favorite memories from our trip to the Outer Banks last weekend!
1. First off, our room was so delightful! We stayed at The Sanderling Resort, the same hotel we stayed at a few months earlier. A room wasn’t quite ready for us when we arrived, but when one WAS ready, it was HUGE!! Well worth the wait. Parents of small children will appreciate plenty of space for running and playing, as well as dark, out of the way corners for pack-n-plays to hide. (pardon all the mess! We just plopped bags down!)
2. The weather this time was so lovely! It wasn’t warm (like run around in your bathing suit all day warm) but it was sunny and not frigid. We spent a lot of time on the beach, exploring.
3. My husband was attending a conference, but he had a block of time off on Saturday, right during nap time. He opted to nap while Elizabeth was napping, so I escaped to the lobby (they had the most delightful second floor lobby area with sofas, window seats, and ocean views!) to enjoy some hot tea and a book!
4. Cornhole = at least 30 minutes worth of entertainment for toddlers
5. One thing we didn’t discover on our last trip to the OBX was the delightful sound-side boardwalk in the town of Duck (where the resort was). Elizabeth had a fun time zooming around, saying hi to everyone. And the views were so pretty!
And then can I do a 6th? It’s not related to vacation, but it happened WHILE we were on vacation! #royalbabywatch has come to an end! Anyone else love the name for the new Princess? Charlotte is just such a classic royal name that isn’t too obvious. Perfect! And I thought Kate looked great! I would be happy to wear heels, a dress, have my hair and makeup done, and show off my new baby (who is conveniently hiding my post-birth belly) for 2 minutes, if it meant I could go home to relax and recover! I really liked Whitney’s perspective (from Come Home for Comfort) on this.
Finally, if you didn’t see this week’s posts:
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And then – We LOVE this H54F community! And love visiting as many of you as we can each week. If you’d like us to follow you on Social Media, leave your user name in the comments! OR if you have a post you’d like me to share on my Social Media spots (LOVE doing this!) leave a link!