Currently | July Edition

Instead of a monthly favorites video, I thought I would shake things up! Anne at In ResidenceΒ and Jenna from Gold & BloomΒ host a monthly link up called “Currently” and they always have a list of fun prompts! So I’m joining in! (link up your favorites for the month there too!)

Currently | A linkup of monthly favorites with In Residence and  Dearest Love

Craving | I cannot get enough fresh fruit right now. Tis the season, right? And right now it’s all about nectarines. I basically have had one (or two) in my hand every single day for the last month. And I suspect that won’t change in July.

Grilling | Confession…. we don’t have a grill. Not even a “use it on your stove top” kind. Does that make us bad Americans? I feel like it’s a summer requirement to grill. And we don’t! But I know I’ve seen recipes for grilling peaches and nectarines, so maybe I should get one.

Listening | Oh my goodness. If you haven’t listened to the Serial podcast from This American Life, you must. We listened to it on our road trip last month and we couldn’t get enough. It’s 10 episodes, with each episode revealing more and more details around this real life murder. There is already a convicted killer, in jail serving a life sentence. But the evidence used in trial just doesn’t really make sense. But yet the convicted killer, then 17 years old, sounds so fishy. You just don’t really know what to think. It’s amazing.

Planning | We ripped out a lot of dead trees in our backyard, which means we have empty space to plant things! So now we’re thinking about what shade loving plants would work that deer won’t eat. #countrylivingproblems But I’m not really a gardening girl, so this is stretching my limits of planning. But I aspire to have something like the picture above.

Decorating | I’m in Gallery Wall mode right now. We have almost zero art on our walls… it’s sad. So now I’m just trying to figure out how to get started. Which means I’ve been reading lots of tips on how to build gallery walls. Do you have one? How did you start? Art first?

What have you been loving this month? Let me know!!

Follow me: Instagram | YouTube | Twitter |Β Facebook | Google+ | BlogLovin’Β | Pinterest

Linking up with Currently

1. Megan says:

I think I’m the only person left who hasn’t listened to Serial. I’ve heard such good things. I just haven’t found the extra time. Yum for grilling peaches and I too need to start working on a gallery wall.

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Well you need to listen!! Plan for it on your next road trip πŸ™‚ we were late arrivals but it was so gripping!

2. Jenna says:

Good luck with the gallery wall! I looked at ideas online, too, but eventually just decided to get the photos on our wall and not worry too much about making it perfect. I’m glad we did that, because now our pretty pictures and frames (which we had for 2 years, but I never had the guts to hang them) are up and we can see them every day!

Thanks for linking up!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

I need to take your approach. We have plenty of family & vacation photos we want to hang. I think I just need to start with that and then fill in the gaps! Thanks for hosting a fun link up!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

HAHA we do! I’ve resisted thus far since we’re vegetarians, and it just didn’t seem necessary. But there are so many grilled fruit and veggie dishes out there that sound so yummy!

3. Whitney says:

I have to say I’m disappointed there’s no favorites video. πŸ™‚ But this is a fun idea too….I love reading these types of posts. We haven’t gotten into podcasts but I think my hubby would enjoy Serial. I have intended to do a gallery wall since we moved into our house…almost 3 years ago. So I’ve got nothing for ya on that one! πŸ™‚

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

HAHA sorry no video πŸ™‚ Save Serial for the next time you do a car trip or are working on a house project. It’s so good. We’re basically on the same timeline as you with the gallery wall. We’ve been here over 2 years and no pictures anywhere… all pictures in frames are still pics of us in college when we were dating! It all needs a bit of an update.

4. Acacia says:

Don’t feel alone, I don’t have a grill either! We have a skillet that is a wonder for getting burgers done, but nothing else.

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

A skillet! That’s what I need. I can’t believe I’ve made it this long in my adult life without a skillet. Thanks for coming by here!

5. Colleen says:

I love the looks of the plants you posted above. The darker green ones look like hostas. They might be shade-loving, but I’m not sure! I just know that we planted some English ivy in the sun, and it didn’t fair well. Maybe ivy would be shade-loving? And – the gallery walls are very cute! We have the beginnings of a gallery wall in our living room with photos from our travels. They are actually all nature/landscape photos. That was a good basis for us!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Yes! I think those are hostas. I love the look of hostas, but unfortunately the deer eat them completely to the ground, so it’s a no-go. But I know there are a ton of options. I just don’t like to garden…

6. Nikki says:

I currently only have 2 gallery walls. They really are so much fun. I just gathered frames that I already had, arranged them in a way that looked good to me, and then filled them up. I am planning a video and/or blog post on this soon. Have fun with yours!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Oh sweet!! I need a blog post on this. I think I just need someone to come over and just do it for me. You up for a trip to NC? πŸ˜‰

7. Stephanie Parker says:

My husband and I just bought our first house, so I’m obsessed with creating a gallery wall asap as well! It seems like a fun way to display a lot of pictures without too much “placing” committment! Good luck on y’all’s project!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Oh yes! Totally true. I am a horrible picture hanger, so you’re right – fun stuff on the walls without symmetrical commitments. Smart! And congrats on the new house!!

8. Mariah says:

Um, you definitely need a grill! You haven’t lived until you’ve had grilled veggies! And I can’t wait to see what you do with a gallery wall! I’m always inspired by the ones that have mix and match frames and other art mingled in!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

I love a good gallery wall! But I’m being really bad at execution…. I just need to bite the bullet and do it!!

9. Callie says:

I listened to Serial too and got sucked right in! I even heard they are re-trying the case because of the interest from the podcast. I finally decided to do a gallery wall last year, and I love it! My tip would be to make sure the pieces you pick are personal somehow, and showcase who you and your husband are as people – I think that’s why I like mine so much, because I tried to do that. πŸ™‚ I probably have a post coming up about it in the next few weeks too!

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

Great tips for the gallery wall! I love that concept. And I’ll be so excited for a blog post. I need some serious guidance/inspiration.

A re-trial?? How interesting! I was just talking with a friend of mine today about the case. It’s all so fascinating/sad.

10. Whitney says:

I’d say find one big statement piece that you LOVE and build your gallery wall around it. It could be art, a giant letter, a phrase, a favorite photo, etc. I don’t think it’s mandatory to have a grill, but you might like a grill pan or a George Foreman grill. Both would be cheaper options for you to try out before investing in a giant grill πŸ™‚ PS Check out this lady for some serious gallery wall inspiration -she’s a PRO!! http://houseofroseblog.com/

• Katie @ Cup of Tea says:

THANK YOU for the gallery wall tips! I think that’s a great idea. I think I’m stuck because I’ve been trying to find a piece of “art” to start, and nothing is speaking to me yet. And now that you mention a George Foreman grill, we have a Cuisinart one! It’s mainly our panini press, but I forgot that counts. So phew! I’m not completely grill-less πŸ™‚