This week’s featured bloggers are Jess and Katie from Sweet Little Ones! These sisters have one of the sweetest, most encouraging family-centered blogs I’ve read. Such a joy! Example? This recent post about sharing God’s love in the every day. They are also one of the hosts for one of my favorite link ups (besides this one, of course!) TUESDAY TALK! Go over and say hello!
This was an uneventful week in the “sharing on a Friday” department… you’ll see why… but if you’ve visited in the last week and left a comment, I’m catching up responding to you and visiting you back! But this week felt like I was sucker punched…
1. Our entire week was plagued by illness. Saturday, just as church ended, Elizabeth clutched her tummy and said “Mommy! Tummy hurts!” and like any good mom out in public, I picked her up and ran out the door. THANKFULLY nothing materialized… that day… all day Sunday she kept asking for naps and quiet time. Never a good sign. Monday we laid low, but she didn’t appear to be sick. So Tuesday I hauled her into her school morning.
And then Tuesday night, all let loose. We dealt with nausea all night and then all day Wednesday. It was miserable.
Then to make matters worse, I managed to cause the worst back injury in history. I literally couldn’t even breath because it pulled my muscles in a weird way. Agony! So changing crib sheets and doing load after load of laundry all day didn’t help matters.
We were still recovering a touch yesterday, but thankfully appear to be on the mend today. But we’re laying low this weekend just to make sure nothing resurfaces. So, yes… not much happened this week. HA!
Should I end there?
2. We are trying to plan some fun activities for Thanksgiving next week, and I’m trying to plan a post around it (have I missed the boat?). One of the things I wanted to do was bake a batch of sugar cookies to take with us to the in-laws to decorate there. I had to wait for my turkey cookie cutter to arrive, but we did that last night. For the record, I did it. Elizabeth just played with leftover dough (in case there were residual germs).
3. I went on to Facebook yesterday and saw that handy “you have a memory!” notification. I pulled it up and saw it was 9 years ago yesterday that my husband and I were engaged at Disney Land! Ah shucks…. I love that guy!
4. Since it was a quiet week with some back recovery time, I blitzed through episodes of The Great British Bakeoff. I watched the season currently on Netflix, and oh my word, how delightful! It’s not only a positive baking show, but it’s a lot of different recipes. It’s just been fascinating to watch!
5. MONDAY is the last day to sign up for the ‘Tis the Season Mug Swap!! Do it now! *shameless plug
So what were you up to this week? Let me know! Or better yet, link up!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And be sure to tag your posts/pics on social media with #H54F! We really do try to make the rounds and like, comment, retweet, etc! It’s so much fun to support one another, isn’t it?