A few quick announcements: High Five for Friday will be starting next Friday at 8AM EST! We’ve noticed a lot of other Friday link ups go live around the same time… why sign in multiple times a day to join a link up? And stay tuned next week for a fun change to the link up tool! We’ve upgraded 🙂
This week’s featured blogger is Holly from While I’m Waiting! She’s a wife and mother blogging about living life while waiting on God. I loved her post about actually living out the Konmari Method of tidying up. She also hosts the Waiting On.. Wednesday Link up! Don’t forget to check her out!
So, how was your week?
I had one of those weeks where nothing exciting necessarily happened, but there were several funny moments!
1. Tuesday evening my husband was working late, so Elizabeth and I decided to watch a movie. Elizabeth asked to watch Cinderella (good girl!) so I started to cue it up. As I was cueing it up, she told me: “Mommy, I watch Cinderella all my myself. You go, make food. Ok?”. Ummmm….. yes ma’am?
2. Another funny moment. Yesterday I had a meeting at my old company. I still do some work with them from time to time. After my meeting I was chatting with former colleagues, catching up. A manager wandered over to say hi, and looked down at my stomach. Clearly, I’m pregnant. No doubt. So he asked “what have you been up to?”. Now, I know he is referring to me being pregnant, but I thought I would be funny. My response: “I’ve been busy making babies.” KATIE!!!! The shame. The awkwardness. Ugh… seriously, friends. I don’t get out much, apparently.
3. Now that I’m pregnant, it’s easy to rationalize not buying any clothes. I barely bought any maternity clothes the first time, and I’m telling myself I don’t need much this time either. I’m now pregnant in different seasons, but really… when you’re home all day, you can get away with wearing the same thing all the time! That being said, my uniform right now is a pair of pregnancy jeans, a long sleeve maternity t shirt and various open cardigans. I just bought myself a really awesome knit and leather sweater jacket from Goodnight Macaroon and it arrived yesterday! Can’t wait to wear it! And it’s something I’ll absolutely wear post-pregnancy.
4. Did you catch last night’s H54F Hangout? We had a great time!! It was so fun catching up with Della, Caitlin and Tif, and a special thanks to all of you who watched, left comments, tweeted. It made for a fun time! Behind-the-scenes gossip – We were late getting it all started because of me. Right at 9:00, 30 minutes before our start time, Elizabeth wakes up and starts wailing. I run up there and she’s puked. All over. GROSS! So I spent the next 20 minutes getting her all cleaned up, her bed stripped, starting laundry, and then getting her back to bed. Then I came back downstairs, all frazzled and rushed, and couldn’t remember for the life of me how to actually START the hangout….. AND during the Hangout Elizabeth woke up a total of 4 more times, throwing up… poor husband hand to hold the fort down while I was downstairs. What a night! But at least we all had fun!
5. And perhaps it was announcement overkill, but I made a really chatty pregnancy update video for the ol’ YouTube channel (where almost 600 are subscribed!!). It was so gloriously Raw Rambley Katie that I barely edited it. HA!
What were you up to this week? Let me know!
Fellow bloggers – ready to join in the link up? Just write a blog post about 5 things that made this week awesome! Add your link to your blog post down below (make sure it’s your blog post, not your blog home page!). And then grab the H54F button to add to your post! And go visit at least 3 fellow link uppers AND this week’s featured blogger! It’s just the nice thing to do.
And be sure to tag your posts/pics on social media with #H54F! We really do try to make the rounds and like, comment, retweet, etc! It’s so much fun to support one another, isn’t it?