This week’s featured blogger is Nina from A World of Dresses! She is (no surprise!) a fashion fan and shares that passion on her blog. Love this description of her blog purpose: “I love that as a blogger, I get to be the media. Instead of the media telling me what to wear, I let the women I feature on the site dictate what womanhood means.” SO inspirational! We need more blogging voices like Nina! Swing over and say hello!
This week went by fast AND I took zero interesting pictures…. Oops!
1. Where did this week go? I swear, these weeks are flying by. I’m busy! But I feel like nothing ends up getting done. So strange. I’ve already declared I’m not allowed to complain I’m tired (who isn’t tired?) so I’ll complain that I’m uncomfortable. 5 weeks left, and just walking around has become a challenge. One of my sweet neighbors commented last week “Well now you’re walking like you’re pregnant”. (So kind, right?) But, overall, this has been a simple pregnancy.
2. So last weekend was one of those rare weekends where there wasn’t something going on. It was so nice! Just your average weekend. Until Saturday night… I was getting ready to take a shower, and felt something on my back. I thought it was a scab, and when I feel a scab, I instantly start picking at it. I have bad scab habits. Anyway, I couldn’t scratch it off! And it was on a spot on my back where I couldn’t see… so I go tearing out to my husband and ask him what’s on my back… it was a TICK!!! BLEH! I’ve never had a tick, ever. He tried to get it off, but couldn’t get its head out. So it’s still implanted in my back. I’ve been milking it for all it’s worth – don’t feel like cooking? It’s because I have a tick in my back. Prefer to just lay on the sofa? It’s because of the tick. Best thing that’s ever happened to me. (sarcasm)
3. Thursday we stopped off at Krispy Kreme to pick up a celebratory donut because Elizabeth made it through her school morning with zero accidents! She is accident free at home, BUT at school? Every. Single. Time. I think it was because she’d announce she needed to go potty in her usual quiet voice, and the teachers wouldn’t hear her! So yesterday before school we worked on saying it LOUD. And it helped! So celebratory donut is necessary.
4. Speaking of Potty Training, I think we can though officially declare it done. Being “potty trained” doesn’t mean zero accidents. Just means she gets it and does it mostly. At least in my mind… but we survived it! And we could very well back slide and have a rough patch, but we’re good now! The Potty Training vlog will be up next week. I started editing it and it’s hilarious/horrifying.
5. This weekend is great! We’ve got dinner with friends tonight, then church and a big potluck with church friends Saturday post-church, and THEN sweet friends who have moved away are coming Sunday! AND it’s my husband’s birthday tomorrow. It’s a high weekend!
What were you up to this week? Let me know!