This week’s featured blogger is Johanna from The Sirois Family! She is married and has two adorable girls!! Her blog is just peppered with fun stories about their sweet family and the adventures they’re having. Be sure to swing over and say hello!!!
This week was a fun week! No funny stories like last week’s cat burglar story, but we had fun nonetheless!
1. Saturday we hit the road and drove to Pinehurst for the Concours d’Elegance (that’s a fancy word for a fancy car show). It was definitely a fun activity for my husband, who loves cars, but I enjoyed it too! Elizabeth had fun running up and down the golf course hills. The only downer? Trying to accommodate a potty-training toddler in her many “I have to go potty!” runs. A toddler who REALLY doesn’t actually need/want to go + a pregnant lady, all crammed in a tiny porta-john? Horrible. I didn’t want to touch anything.
2. This week I have been battling some serious fatigue. I really should take naps when I can, because I will need all the sleep I can get. But I’m finding myself nodding off several times a day. No bueno!!
3. I FINALLY found the perfect Spring purple shade – OPI’s Lucky Lucky Lavender. I bought it on a whim at Target (as you do most things at Target) and love it. And why do OPI polishes dry so fast? Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like Essie polishes take FOREVER to dry down. OPI was dry within a minute or two. Perfection! I raved about this polish and a few other things in my April Favorites, if you missed it.
4. We are about as good as we’re going to get for Baby Boy’s arrival. The last detail is hauling the car seat down and giving it a clean and install. Tomorrow our entire church is hosting a baby sprinkle (that’s what you call a baby shower for kid #2. Who knew?) and we’ll then be MORE than ready for this boy. Elizabeth and I spent some time watching YouTube videos of other big sisters getting to meet their baby brothers in the hospital. It was fun! We may have both been misty-eyed.
5. Last night my husband and I had a really FUN date night! We went out to our favorite Mexican restaurant for Cinco de Mayo (not really planned… couldn’t quite figure out why everything was so bustling right at 5:00!) and then we went to a Hillsong United concert! Tons of fun! We had great seats right pretty close. Any Hillsong concert is amazing – it’s a giant praise and worship concert, where thousands are all singing together. Such a great experience! I’m not sure how the baby did with all the bass pounding… I kept waiting to start labor! But we survived it. We didn’t get home until midnight, so I’m basically a walking zombie, but it was totally worth it.
What were you up to this week? Let me know!