This week’s featured blogger is Brittney from Off the Vine! She shares all about her family – husband and 2 girls – and their daily lives. Such a fun family! I couldn’t help but chuckle at her recent 11 Things I Didn’t Expect During Labor post. A few I related to, and then a few were completely opposite from me! Isn’t it funny how we all react to things differently? Wild! Be sure to swing over and say hello!!
Here are the highlights from the week!
1. I’m still adjusting to our new normal… it’s so weird looking around and seeing that we’re a family of 4 now. Crazy! But overall we’re doing great! My recovery is basically over now… we’re managing to keep up with things around the house. The kids aren’t starving. Win!
2. Elizabeth is really still the challenge around here… she loves baby brother! But she’s having a hard time realizing my attention is divided. I’m swinging back and forth between serious Mommy Guilt and then Mommy Frustration due to her shenanigans. But her little world has been rocked. We did manage to sneak out for a Mommy/Daughter trip to the library this week as well as a trip to the museum. Each day she gets better and better at the adjustment.
3. William was a super spitter upper at first! In fact he wasn’t gaining weight like he should have. We went to 2 weight checks back to back to see if he was just holding steady. Thankfully he has been and his river of pukes has slowed. I was dodging spit up left and right there for a while! But he has been a fairly easy going baby so far! Newborns, thankfully, sleep a ton. I swear they’re made that way to help you adjust.
4. A few things that have made our lives easier – both grandmas came for visits, and that was SO helpful! This week we also had sweet friends deliver dinners for us. Want to know the best gift for new parents? Bring them food!! Amazing. And then we had someone come over to give us an estimate on cleaning the house 2 times a month. A luxury, for sure. But will be really helpful, at least in the short term.
5. I’ve got to laugh – the days are all bleeding together. I can’t exactly remember what day I did what. Shoot, I can’t even remember what day my mother showed up to help out. It feels like days are flying by and it’s hard to believe William has been here for only 10 days… I need a nap…
What were you up to this week? Let me know!