First up, a VERY day after Happy Birthday to our sweet co-host Della!! I hope this next year is such a great one for you, Della!
Today’s featured blogger is Kenzie from Connected in the Kitchen! I love delicious desserts and Kenzie has some delicious-looking ones!! I love gingersnap cookies when cold weather hits, and her lemon bundt cake is going in my rotation. I love anything with lemon! Swing over, drool over her delicious recipes and wish her a happy Friday!
As always, I’m just surprised that it is already Friday… where did the week go? I WILL visit you all, comment, reply to comments…. I will…. I miss catching up with you all.
1. Our Labor Day weekend was restful, especially some fun on Saturday. We had our usual hectic Saturday full of church activities, but we did manage to sneak in a wooded walk in the rain. It was such fun! We started off in hopes of walking to the river there, but we quickly realized that someone short wouldn’t make the 2 mile hike. But Elizabeth was SO excited to find the “Little River”. So when we stumbled upon a small creek, we declared it the river, threw some rocks in, and walked back to the car. I think she ended up walking about 1.5 miles!
2. One of our major accomplishments this week was blitzing through Season 2 of Narcos on Netflix! So good! If you haven’t watched Narcos yet, do it. It’s like watching House of Cards and Breaking Bad, set in Columbia. We watched those 10 episodes in just a few days.
3. I managed to get all of my Fall decorations up early this week! It had slowly trickled out in stages but everything made it up. I decided to do simple decorations this year. I tossed a few things that weren’t really a part of my decor now. And set up just a few things. But my favorite is the mantel. All I did was swap out the flowers in the large urn and stick a few faux pumpkins in a container. But I like how it all came together!
4. But can Fall weather please show up now? Earlier this week we had low 80s, but now we’re back in the mid 90s! Ugh…. September around here is so tricky. You get all psyched up for Fall, but it takes forever to cool down. Fall decorations going up is one thing, but I really can’t wear my beloved plaid shirts and jackets until it gets cooler. HURRY FALL!
5. Yesterday was Elizabeth’s first day of school! She is in the same Parents’ Morning Out program as last year, and is in the same room with the same teachers. So it was pretty easy for drop off. She ran right in and lept into her teacher’s arms. So sweet! This year she is the oldest kid in her classroom. We’ve been talking for weeks about being a “good influence” in her classroom, being helpful, and showing the younger kids how to take turns, share and be kind. It stuck! Because one of the first things out of her mouth on the way home was “Mommy, I was a gooooooooood infwence”. Elizabeth is no dummy, so she followed up that statement with “so can I watch something?”. HAHA!
But her first day of school pics were hilarious!! We received a new Skip Hop backpack a few weeks ago (this is our second of the toddler backpacks. LOVE them!) and she wanted pictures with it. After the step pics she walked down the sidewalk and, with her super cool backpack on her back, she began twirling, singing “I love my backpack!”. It was adorable!
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!