Today’s featured blogger is Tanya from Prairie Girl in the Big, Scary World! It’s always fun to feature bloggers that have been linking up with H54F for a long time! Tanya is a lifestyle blogger currently lives in Maryland but loves a good adventure! She just got back from a fun trip to Nashville, so swing over today and check out her trip highlights.
We are currently in Michigan visiting my parents. It’s been a fun but rainy trip so far! Our road trip was tons of fun but took longer than expected. So I thought I’d just quickly share our 5 favorite moments from our road trip drive.
1. We decided to leave at 2am Tuesday morning on the theory that it was early enough that both kids would go back to sleep. It worked for William! But Elizabeth stayed awake the entire drive. She fell asleep for about an hour the whole trip! HAHA! In fact, when I opened her door to wake her up, she immediately sat up and said “Is it time to go yet??”.
2. Even though the mountain part of our trip was dark, rainy and foggy, it was still pretty to see the hills that were up close.
3. If you’re ever doing a long road trip with kiddos, the BEST thing to do is stop at rest stops and haul a picnic with you. We had tons of fun eating on the run and playing in the grass. Our major stops were all in the Ohio countryside and it was so lovely!
4. Another amazing thing about road trips? Road trip snacks! I really didn’t actually need to pack a proper breakfast and lunch. We could have survived on snacks alone. Did you have a go-to road trip snack as a kid? We ALWAYS had plums… not sure why plums (one of those “fast acting fruits”) were important… but it seemed like a poor choice.
5. And is there anything better than just listening to random things while you drive? I love giving the local radio stations a cruise when we’re driving through. You never know what you’re going to get!
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!