Today’s featured blogger is Shelby from Life as the Coats! She’s a blogger from Tennessee, sharing all about her life as a newly married woman. She’s super organized. I mean… look at her Christmas planner prinatables!!! Be sure to swing over and say hello!
We are home! Yay! We pulled into the garage last night at 7:30pm. This trip was a little shorter because we decided to live on snacks and not stop for proper picnics. We had a great time! Let me share some of my favorite pictures!
1. One of our favorite surprises was a local museum. They had the cutest kid-friendly exhibits, including this pretend diner.
2. There was non-stop rain the first part of our trip… poo. But when the rain stopped for a moment we went to a pumpkin patch and apple orchard! We bought a ton of honey crisp apples (the best!) and fresh donuts.
3. All those apples went to good use. My mom showed Elizabeth how to make a pie. This apparently is a theme for when we visit my mom.
4. Our favorite stop, hands down, was the local zoo! They have an Africa area that is just adorable! All theme-y, with close up views of the animals. Elizabeth’s fav part was feeding the giraffes. She made friends with a giraffe named CeeCee.
This sign! HAHA!
5. I wish I had snapped a pic of this, but my sister hauled up all of our old barbies for Elizabeth to play. (How many of your barbies still have hair? We only have 2…) Elizabeth was obsessed with them. It was a hoot to watch! One afternoon, I went in there to sort through the pile of clothes to toss any that looked worse for wear. About an hour later, I couldn’t stop sneezing! I normally silent sneeze so the fact that I was sneezing out loud was a big deal HA! Turns out I had an allergic reaction to all the dust/mildew shmuck that was in those Barbie clothes. Gross!!
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!