First, a HUGE Happy Birthday to our very own Tif!!! Welcome to your 30s, friend!
Today’s featured blogger is Casey from Cattails, Rabbit Trails and Thistlefish! Casey is newly married, full time student in Virginia Beach, Virgina! One of her huge passions is changing the impression that modest outfits are boring. Not at all! She loves sharing her affordable, adorable modest outfits on her blog, like this post. She’s also just launched her online knitting shop – super cute! Go over and say hi!
How was your week? Can’t wait to share what we’ve been up to?
1. We had a fun weekend! It was full and busy with quite a few activities. There was a birthday party on Sunday. I can be super organized… claim to have everything figured out… but it does no good if you don’t look at the invitation. I thought our party was at 11:00… turns out it was at 1:00! This wouldn’t have been a big deal but it was on the opposite end of the sprawl. We drove almost 40 minutes there. And it would have been silly to drive home because we’d just need to turn right back around. So we improvised and found a local playground to kill the time. It was a beautiful day to sit on a park bench, so it all worked out.
2. Halloween was pretty fun! We packed the day with some theme-y activities at home, and then we speed baked cookies before Elizabeth’s first dance class. Then it was BACK home to decorate, eat and head out!
This was Elizabeth’s first year going door to door. She lasted quite a while! We even got to wander with some new neighbors who also have small kiddos so it was a fun evening. Elizabeth’s costume this year was a raid of our existing dress up gear. Why get more?
3. This week William tried his first bites of baby cereal. Don’t let that disgusted face fool you. He GOBBLED it up! And was annoyed when we were all finished. I just knew this kid was going to be a real food fan.
4. I snuck in voting this week… I’ve been putting it off because… let’s face it. Voting stinks this year. Just before filling in the bubble for President (which I saved for the end) I had to take a moment, say a final prayer, shed a tear and then filled in the bubble. What a year. Because I had both kids in tow, the kind voting officials were extra sweet and patient. I was offered a sitting spot to fill out my ballot, and someone gave Elizabeth a blank sheet of paper. She scribbled all over it and said “I’m filling in my ballot!”.
5. Last night was AMAZING! You may remember that my church is in the middle of building a new building. We are almost done! Move in is the first of January, and our big grand opening celebration is at the end of January. We’ve already got a small plant church that will be renting our building on Sundays. This was TOTALLY a God thing connecting our churches together. We even have similar church names! They are excited, we are excited. It couldn’t be more lovely!
So yesterday they organized an evening of prayer and praise at our new building to just bless the building. It was my first time meeting this group, and I was just overwhelmed with excitement over what God is going to do with this new partnership. My brain, in between songs and verses being spoken, was ticking with all sorts of ways we can team up – teen worship nights and service projects, vacation Bible school programs, joint worship services… on and on and on! There is a reason God brought our two congregations together, and I’m just SO excited to see what He has in mind.
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!