Today’s featured blogger is Catherine from A Short Blonde! Catherine lives in Nashville with her husband and new baby boy, Phoenix (seriously the cutest little guy ever!). Her blog features all of her favorites things in life, not to mention she has enviable photography!! Her latest post with a round up of great baby gear has so many good gift ideas if you’re looking for a baby gift OR needing to add things to your own baby registry. Swing over and say hi to Catherine!
A new month! The last month of 2016. Crazy, right??
1. Thanksgiving was a great time! I recapped a little last week but it was a fun time with family. One of the highlights was hitting up a local playground on Friday afternoon. Elizabeth just zoomed around so fast I couldn’t keep up with her.
2. In William news, he is CONSTANTLY rolling around. Every time I turn my back, he’s in a new spot.
3. The sibling love in this house is strong, and I love it!
4. I wanted to start a new tradition for our family this Christmas. I had heard about the Jesse Tree Advent readings last year, but never did anything about it. This year I got a set of ornaments, and I love them! They are wood disks. One side has the picture symbol. The other side has the Bible verses that, when read in order, tell the plan of salvation from Creation until Jesus’ birth. There were so many adorable felt sets on Etsy that were tempting, but I thought these wood ornaments would last well past our kiddos’ child stage. So now our tradition is to grab the night’s ornament, sit on the sofa with Elizabeth’s Jesus Storybook Bible and read the corresponding story. She’s absorbed quite a bit of it. I’m impressed!
5. Speaking of Christmas, the decorations are up in our house! All that’s left is to get up some live pine and the outdoor lights and I’m done. Phew! Next Wednesday stay tuned for a behind-the-scenes “decorate with me” vlog AND a Christmas Home Tour post!
What was your highlight from the week? Can’t wait to hear about it!