Today’s featured blogger is Tara from Michael and Tara! She is a wife, momma to 2 kiddos, and loves to capture memories! One of my favorite recent posts is this one on her 2017 mantras. They are ALL great reminders to live life slowly, look around, and enjoy the moment. Swing over to say hello and meet Tara!
With Valentine’s Day next week, I thought I would share 5 things that I really LOVE!
1. I love spontaneous family days! Last Saturday was going to be a busy day for us at church – everyone was on deck to do something and it was going to be a long day, PLUS both William and I feeling sick. There was a weird water shut down in Chapel Hill (where our church is located) and the water was shut off. So church was canceled! We found ourselves with a completely empty day of rest! We ate a long, fancy breakfast, we played, we walked, we rested…. glorious!
2. I love friends who are up for random play dates! The weather was weird – cold and then really warm! So it was the perfect week for some outdoor time. We played at the park twice. William even got to enjoy the swing, happily, for the first time!
3. I love quiet one-on-one time with my kiddos! They may occasionally drive me crazy (like REALLY crazy, as I expressed over on IG Stories this week) but I do love when we get time together. Elizabeth will always happily do a craft with me!
And William enjoyed some crawling peek-a-boo this week!
4. I love the online community! I vented a bit about a challenging day on Wednesday over on IG Stories and so many of you, friends and strangers, reached out to say “been there and right with you!”. The internet can be a time suck, BUT it also creates the coolest, warmest community!
5. I love my husband!!! It’s an understatement when I say that weekly Date Nights have put a spring in our step. Lately we had been feeling like parents, not husband and wife. But that’s changed recently and it’s just so nice!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!