Who had a great week??? I did! Let’s dive in.
1. Over the weekend we were struck down with yet another cold… at least, I think that’s what it was. Elizabeth declared on Friday that she was “too sick for school”, but an hour later she was bouncing off the walls… hmmm… William seems to have caught it too, now. Will we ever catch a break? We stayed home from church on Saturday, just to play it safe. While William had his morning nap, Elizabeth requested that we do our Bible lesson with our felt set. I gathered all the felts to tell the ENTIRE Easter story, from the Last Supper to Resurrection. Mercy! We even ad libbed the accession because Elizabeth went there haha! But that girl felt all the feels as we went through the whole story. There was even a gasp at the resurrection! I was surprised at how much she absorbed.
Also, a special shout out to our Jesus Storybook Bible who, throughout the stories, refers to Jesus as our “Rescuer”. That’s a word Elizabeth can wrap her mind around.
2. My husband was out of town Monday through Wednesday, so it was a cereal for dinner start to the week! Plus, when he’s gone, I stay up way too late. Not because I’m nervous. It’s mainly because I just get puttering around the house and loose track of time. Or stay up too late watching bullet journal videos.
3. One big project I tackled was sorting through all of our toys and books. I didn’t purge much, but I did realize we had duplicates of a lot of things. Multiple farm sets… 5 baby books about colors…. 10 teethers! So I made a quick stack of donatables. But actually there weren’t as many things to purge as I thought. Thanks to a little toy swapping around the house, the kiddos have been entertained for days now, playing with a curated collection of toys.
4. I finally got a chance to edit some videos! And one went live this week! Did you see it?
5. My new notebook arrived this week for my bullet journal! I started setting it up this week, and I’m already beginning to experiment with layouts. BUT if you’ve ever been curious about bullet journals, I recommend starting as basic as you can get! Think of the notebook as a place to keep a to do list, as well as any brainstorming/lists you may want to keep and reference later. For example, I have a page now dedicated to my favorite go-to recipes and where to find them. Start there, and make it more “complicated” as you go. But looking forward to an update after I’ve been using it for about a month or so.
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!