We have a new hostess joining Tif, Della and me!
Say a big welcome to Becky! She blogs over at byBMG and we are just so excited for her to join us! If you haven’t had a chance to meet Becky before, you should know that she has awesome style! Her pattern mixing is always on point. And she knows has to rock some Lularoe! She’s a wife, mommy to 3 boys, and is a teacher. She’s one busy lady!
Who had a great week??? I did! Let’s dive in.
1. Last week’s Easter felt learning popped up over and over again…. in a not so pleasant way. Elizabeth squished a caterpillar and when I said “oh no! Now it won’t be a butterfly!”, she promptly replied “but then Jesus will wake him up, take him to heaven and THEN he can be a caterpillar!”.
And then she declared she “didn’t want to be put to death…”. What do you say to that??
2. There was a pretty big hair chop on Sunday! It went shorter than I asked for, but who cares. I’ve had my hair this short before and NEVER liked it. But this cut? I’m loving it!
3. I’ve been in the planning/day dreaming phase of a Capsule Wardrobe for at least a year. It really all started with my first and second 30×30 wardrobe challenges, but lately I’ve been serious. And this weekend I plan on heading to the mall, alone, for a few hours just to try on clothing. I’m not planning on restricting myself to a certain number of clothing, but I want a wardrobe that’s nice, fits my current life, and is mixable. And if I plan out what that “wardrobe” consists of, I can shop for those exact pieces and be done. I don’t expect my wardrobe to be complete for a LONG time! I want to prioritize which pieces I need to get first, and then save up for the rest. But it all really begins this weekend!
4. Another Date Night in the books! I just love that we’ve set aside Thursdays for our usual time together. And that it just so easily comes together. Last night we went to a new Indian restaurant. It was our second time there and we were excited to give it another whirl! We, unfortunately, didn’t listen to our server when he recommended going down a level in spice. Our medium was REALLY spicy! We’re regretting that decision this morning.
5. Here’s a story to restore your faith in humanity! I’ve been researching a double stroller for several weeks. You might remember that we borrowed one from a friend a few weeks ago, decided we needed a double stroller, and since then I was on the hunt for one. Last week on Thursday I bought a used one on FB Marketplace. I met her, looked at the stroller, and hauled it home. On Saturday we take it out for its maiden neighborhood walk. My husband almost instantly notices that one of the seat backs is broken!!! WHAT???!!! How did I miss this?
He says that we’ll just have to eat the money lost, or try to sell it ourselves. I figure it can’t hurt to text the seller! And she immediately replied back, apologized, and offered to give me my money back! How glorious! She didn’t HAVE to do that… after all, I missed the fact it was broken when I gave it the initial look over. But she offered to make it right. Isn’t that nice?? And what a relief for me!!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!