Who had a great week??? I did! Let’s dive in.
1. Our weekend was SO busy! We had a full day at church on Saturday, and then a few events on Sunday. On Sunday morning, I took Elizabeth over to her preschool’s church for their Easter concert. It was so lovely! Our church service is contemporary, so it was delightful taking Elizabeth to a more traditional service. It made my heart so happy hearing the organ, singing good hymns. Guys – I left with such joy!
Sunday afternoon we met some friends at the North Carolina Museum of Art. I haven’t been through their outdoor area, but it was such fun. We found a sunny spot, had some food, and let the kids run around! Elizabeth spent a good chunk of the time doing her favorite activity – picking wild flowers!
2. Because we had such a busy weekend, I didn’t get a chance to head out for a day of shopping for my capsule wardrobe like I had hoped. I mentioned last week that I was looking forward to a day of trying on clothes… but alas, it didn’t get done. But I did make an online purchase! I ordered a few things from Everlane. I hadn’t heard of the brand before, but thanks to watching a few capsule wardrobe YouTubers, I was instantly intrigued by the brand’s reputation for high quality basic pieces at an affordable price point. I decided to order a few different tee shirt and button down styles just to see what suits me. I can always return if I don’t like it! I’m also VERY intrigued by their Trench Coat and a few of their shoes.
3. Elizabeth had her half birthday on Tuesday! When you’re little, why not celebrate the half birthday?? It was a day full of her favorite things. We went to Krispy Kreme for a birthday donut. We hunted for just the right books at the library. We had dinner at her favorite place!
And then we surprised her with a bit of an extravagant gift for a half birthday. She got a bike!
Here’s the reason. This kiddo asked for a bike at Christmas time. I wrote it off at the time because she had a few friends that got bikes and I just assumed it was top of mind… but she didn’t actually WANT one. A few weeks ago, though, my husband told me that she spontaneously said that she was sad she didn’t have a bike. She also said she asked Santa for a bike, and didn’t get one. So maybe he’ll bring her one NEXT Christmas. Ugh! Such a heart string tug!! So we both buckled instantly! We surprised her and took her to the bike shop. She got a bike that was a touch too big for her right now, but in a few months, it will be the perfect fit.
Her steering does need some work though.
4. William has been pushing things around, walking, for a week now! Yesterday we were shocked at how quick he was! I think he’ll be walking by his birthday next month. He also has been eating anything you put in front of him. It cracks me up.
5. What are you doing for Easter?? We are headed up to my in-laws tomorrow morning. Later today though we are headed back over to Elizabeth’s preschool’s church for their Stations of the Cross. We haven’t done that before, but apparently it is very hands on. So I think Elizabeth will really love it. She surprises me with how much she has absorbed this Easter season.
But since today is Good Friday, I plan on viewing this several times. Because even though the Cross, the events of today are brutal and sad…
Sunday is coming.
Featured Blogger of the Week!
Our featured Blogger this week is Amy from Love Amy Cotton! Amy is using her home on the internet as a place to share all things domestic and ALSO her love for Christ! She and her husband Cory are newlyweds, and they are just the cutest! Her husband, Cory, is part of the Dude Perfect Team, too so you get to see a small sneak peek at that world. Swing over and say hello to Amy!!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!