Happy Friday!! I’m back! It was a glorious vacation. I promise a proper recap next week, but here are a few highlights from this week.
1. Coming home on Saturday was SO wonderful! I was ready to get home and see the kids. And when we pulled up to the house, I could see Elizabeth and William looking out a window, watching for us. It was so great! And then, 2 minutes later, everyone was in normal mode, whining and crying. HA! Beautiful moments cut short. Oh well!
2. Mother’s Day was a low key day for all. My parents were exhausted, and probably relieved that I was back to get up with the kids. And I needed a low key day to transition back from vacation. So we were all grateful we just went out for breakfast and then out for dinner in the evening. We all felt a touch space-cadet like.
3. Monday was a sad day around here… my husband took our third car, a Mercedes 1985 380sl, to a local car seller. This car is SUPER sentimental to my husband, which, you may wonder why we’d sell it. Basically, his parents bought this car from the original owners in the 90s. My husband’s first car, and the car he had when we started dating, was a few years newer than this car. We used to drive around in this beautiful car, pre-kids, exploring the NC rural areas. It’s a WONDERFUL car. But, it only has 2 seats… and we have 4 people in our family. And my husband came to the conclusion that he’d rather sell this one, sell the other car he drives daily, and get one FUN car we can all ride in. Makes total sense! But the reality of driving this car away on Monday was tough. There were some misty eyes… end of an era.
4. Over our week-long vacation, William seemed to have sprouted up in height and gained new skills! He’s much faster at pushing things around AND cruising furniture. He’s speedy! He also figured out how to throw a ball. Super fun! But dangerous. You know the trend of “buy all wooden toys because they’re better quality” blah blah blah. No one took into account a small boy chucking them for throwing practice. DUCK!!!!
But I managed to snap the exact same pictures of Elizabeth and William, same exact age (down to the week!) doing the same activity! Isn’t that a hoot?? You can tell they are siblings.
5. Funny story of the week – we spent quite a bit of time in the backyard Wednesday evening. Elizabeth was playing around while I sat in the grass with William. There were bugs a-plenty, however. William attracts all the mosquitoes! I eventually had to haul him inside. Fast forward a few hours later, and I’m getting ready for bed. I’ve removed my contacts, so partially blind at this point. I glace at my arm, and see a small, bug-like shape! Do you remember all my tick stories last year?? Well, I thought it was a tick! I freak out! Screech! Slap my arm!
And then I find out it’s a smudge of chocolate from my dark chocolate square dessert.
Today’s featured blogger is Tara from Mommy in a Nutshell! She loves writing about family, finances and fashion (three f’s!)! But can we talk for a second about her recipes?? Check out this one for gluten free corn cakes! YUM! Swing over and meet Tara!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!