This was MAYBE the fastest year in history… I’m absolutely shocked it has been one year…. one year of what?
1. This sweet boy had his first birthday on Wednesday! It was a day full of his favorite things – getting talked and smiled at, free reign on crawling, pretending to chase older kids, and stuffing his face with food. His birthday just happened to coincide with Elizabeth’s last day of school picnic, so it was a win win for all around! But in the evening we did have a cupcake, and he INHALED it!
2. This was also the fastest week! I can’t believe it is already Friday. Mercy!
3. Did it rain and rain and rain where you live this week? It rained Monday through Wednesday! It was non-stop. And then on Thursday, when the rain let up, we loaded up for a neighborhood walk! But as soon as we got to the driveway, there was a clap of thunder. Elizabeth wasn’t up for chancing it. But we have a definite case of cabin fever!
4. Last weekend we DID do something fun! (it took me to #4 to remember it!) We headed out to the Durham Blues + Brews festival! It was a lot of fun. I was not excited about it at first… it was kind of hot…. but we brought chairs, found a spot in the shade, and listened to all the great music! It was truly a great time!
5. This weekend we are having a small family party with William to celebrate his birthday. It will be a low key affair, full of hugs, presents and blueberries! His favorite. His party will be a brunch party, so we’re having blueberry muffins instead of cupcakes or cake. He LOVES blueberries, so I figured that boy would love blueberry muffins just as much as a cupcake 🙂
Today’s featured blogger is Mackensy from Stang & Co! She’s a wife, mommy and doer of all things craft and baking! She posted a picture of an adorable red white and blue garland for your fireplace mantel! It’s so cute! Be sure to swing over there and say hi to Mackensy!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!