I’m so grateful for these H54F posts. It keeps me in the loop! And honestly, lately it’s the only post I’m consistently here. Mercy!
1. Father’s Day was a great day! I really think my husband had a fantastic, but quiet day. We had breakfast at home, and then he and Elizabeth tackled creating a walking path through our woods. It didn’t take them as long as we thought, actually. We’ve been using it all week. I need to take you all on a little tour via Instastories!
2. Our little summer camp has been fun! This week was Cooking Week! So we headed out to the farmer’s market on Tuesday to pick out some yummy produce. And then Wednesday and Thursday have been some hands on “make your own food” fun! Every kid needs to know how to make their own PB&J and cut up their own strawberries, right?
3. Can I tell you a funny story? I’ve been exhausted for weeks. Like the “I could nape at 2PM, 5PM, and head to bed early” kind of tired. I was so tired that when I dropped Elizabeth off at a friend’s house for a play date it took me a good solid minute to figure out that I had the car in drive… and not reverse in order to back out of their driveway. I mean, we’re talking complete confusion/road rage at myself. And THEN on the way back from the Farmer’s Market, instead of driving home, I drove PAST our neighborhood all the way to Elizabeth’s school… haha didn’t even realize it until we were pulling into the parking lot and Elizabeth said “Mom, why are we at school?”. HA!
4. The world was out to get me this week. My favorite jeans developed a hold… in the crotch area! Of all the places to rip, why couldn’t it be a strategic, lovely knee rip? Why did it have to be the crotch? I’m debating whether to replace the jeans with the exact same pair or get another kind. I really loved these jeans from Talbots! But not if it means another crotch rip. (Ugh… why is that word icky?) Anyone have a favorite pair of jeans that are higher-waisted (I’m a mom) and ankle length?
5. We had a bit of a William scare this week. He’s totally fine! But it was still a scare. He was sitting on my lap while I was on FaceTime with my parents… and he grabbed the place mat and pulled a VERY hot, fresh cup of coffee down on him and me. Ugh! Thankfully my reaction times in a crises are super fast, unlike my normal, every day reactions. I put him on the floor, whipped his clothes and diaper off and dropped him in the sink to spray him with cold water. He wasn’t burned at all, but he was really annoyed he needed to be hosed off with cold water. Don’t blame him…
This is particularly frightening because when I was 8 months old I pulled a cup of fresh, hot tea onto my clothes-covered arm. I still have a huge scar on my left arm. I just don’t want that to happen to either of my kids… mercy.
Today’s featured blogger is Kait from CommuniKait! Kait is a lifestyle blogger living in Hawaii (awesome!) so you know you’ve got gorgeous pics to look at on her blog! She’s also got some delicious recipes, like these spicy tomatillo salsa shooters. Swing over and say hello to Kait!!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!