You know it was a good week when you start to think about it and you realize there are zero pictures! That means I was totally in the zone. 🙂
1. William took his first “official” steps during his birthday party a few weeks ago. But I had not been able to capture it on camera! I finally caught a good video of him walking towards me, and it was the cutest thing ever! Poor Elizabeth, though, getting shooed!
2. Any other moms starting to drag already? Summer has been fun, and it’s nice to have open days to do fun things. But I’m running out of care… I keep thinking June is over, but then I look at the calendar and see basically 2 full weeks left. Bah!
3. One thing we’ve been doing this summer to help is having weekly themes! Another mom and I teamed up and we’ve been having fun! Last week was Jungle Week. And this week was Art Week. So far, we’ve each taken one morning to come up with crafts, games and snack that’s “to theme” (loosely, mind you!). And then a third day is a field trip. Today we’re heading to the art museum! Elizabeth is pretty excited, actually! It’s been a fun way to help the summer! And our kids are REALLY loving it! We also try to pick a word for the week to use. Something large and fancy. It is really nice to have friends who are willing to do this with you!
4. Elizabeth has been doing Vacation Bible School all week! It meant we’ve had some late evenings… boo…. but she has LOVED IT! She memorized all the songs immediately, got super into the theme and really understood all the concepts. I’ll admit, it was sweet seeing her love it. I stayed a little longer each night just to watch her sing the songs and dance around.
William lived for VBS every night. They fed everyone dinner, and William was just thrilled! And then I noticed that he was starting to recognize the songs too, and was bouncing in his high chair every time a song kicked on, especially the Theme song. What a hoot!
If your kids are signed up to do the Fun Maker Factory VBS, you can find the theme songs on YouTube! Then you can practice at home 😉
5. If you’re not following along with my InstaStories, you’re missing out. That’s basically the only place where I’ve had a chance to share. Blogging has become SO hard to squeeze in… and finding quiet time to film a video is basically impossible this summer. So head over to Instagram for more consistent updates 🙂
Today’s featured blogger is Meg from Borrowed Heaven! Meg lives in Charleston, South Carolina, and blogs all about her life as a newlywed! Check out her recent summer bucket list, I’m all about her goal of trying 5 new restaurants in Charleston! What a yummy city to explore! Swing over and say hi to Meg!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!