This week was my favorite kind of week. The kind where I was productive! So yay!
1. Elizabeth had another VBS this week! It was so great. It was a morning one this time, so I had wonderful, quiet mornings. I let William have longer morning naps than normal (which ended up being a bad idea) and I tried to get stuff done! Next week will be back to the usual routine with nothing fun to look forward to. Bummer! But today VBS ends with a little song performance and pizza for lunch. Hooray for not needing to cook lunch! But the theme this week has been super heros and she’s been really into it!
2. And because Elizabeth had VBS this week, William and I got some great one-on-one time. He’s such a hoot! And helpful!
3. Hear ye! Hear ye! The weekly vlogs are coming back!
I was editing a few videos this week, and while waiting for them to upload, I was rewatching a few vlogs. And I realized I’ve been missing them! Shoot! You all watched Elizabeth grow up with them… but William hasn’t even been on video yet! You see him on Instastories, but not on my channel. So this week I started vlogging! Look for the vlog (hopefully) on Sunday.
4. So there was sad news in our house this week…. I realized that naps may be disappearing! WWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH! William’s morning nap seems to be unnecessary… he ends up not needing an afternoon nap until its WAY too late in the day. So goodbye morning nap. And Elizabeth clearly isn’t needing an afternoon nap like she used to. The last few weeks she’s been taking a nap, but then staying up until 9 or 9:30 at night! We hear her still awake when we are heading to bed. Can’t have that. So yesterday we put some “quiet time” things in Elizabeth’s room so she’ll still come to her room and play, but it’s IN HER ROOM. Le sigh.
5. And finally, Saturday is my husband and my 10th wedding anniversary! Yahoo! It actually snuck up on us, because we had our 10 year anniversary trip back in May. But nonetheless, it’s fun to think we’ve been married a whole whopping 10 years. Stay tuned next week for some marriage-related content, including a story time video of how my husband and I met! It will knock you off your feet.
Today’s featured blogger is Jess from To Sparkle Punch! Jess is someone you just HAVE to start reading right away. She is the funniest writer! Every time I read a post, there is always a LOL moment for me. And you can always count on her to have a cat sighting! As a “don’t like cats” lady, I still look forward to hearing her neighborhood cat sighting report! Her monthly goals posts are always great, because I find myself nodding with her with each goal. Be sure to swing over and say hi to Jess!!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!