What a week! Thank you so much for coming by today!
1. Last weekend my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary! I can’t believe it’s been 10 years. We’ve known each other for 15 years and that seems like it wasn’t so long ago. We had a low-key celebration, because, honestly, it felt like we already celebrated. We went on our vacation back in May to celebrate, so this anniversary totally snuck up on us. I did write a post yesterday about the biggest lesson I have learned (and really still learning) in the last 10 years. I also filmed a fun video all about how my husband and I officially met, almost 15 years ago, during freshman year at college. It’s quite the story!
2. Monday was the one day that wasn’t 95 degrees and 100% humidity. So we headed over to the playground to play. Turns out the kids and I taste REAL good to bugs. We started feeling itchy in the afternoon, and then by the morning we discovered we were bit. A lot. I’m basically itching from the knees down, plus a super sneaky, super itchy one in my arm pit. One year I had some in between my toes. That was bad. This round isn’t toe-bite level, but it is still very itchy!
3. I’ve got a few bigger projects in the works these days… one is redoing my church’s website. I was planning on just fixing the existing one. But it really needed blown up and started again. But do you know how hard it is to do website development with kids running around? It’s impossible. So I had our baby sitter come Wednesday morning. I escaped to Starbucks to get a few hours of work in. Genius! I may not have been the most productive there (too busy listening to conversations around me) but I TOTALLY reminisced about my days in sales and killing the hour between appointments at Starbucks. I felt so… adult. And not like a mom. It was nourishment for the soul.
4. Last night’s date night took us to a restaurant downtown. Post-dinner we ended up strolling to look at all the new construction happening here in Durham. New condos, new stores, new fancy… it’s crazy around here lately! We popped into the local market for a stroll. It was so great! I’m such a sucker for “made locally” stuff, so I spent $50 supporting everyone. I bought greeting cards and postcards, a body scrub, face masks, a pint of ice cream, and chocolate. Yay me! Yay Durham! (being mildly sarcastic here)
5. Did you see last week’s weekly vlog?? I posted it over on YouTube. I’ve restarted the weekly vlog and you’ll see it each Monday! Be sure to subscribe to my channel so you get notified when it’s live.
Today’s featured blogger is Sarah from Foxy’s Domestic Side! She’s a wife and mommy of 2 and loves to indulge her crafty/creative side (jealous)! Actually, Elizabeth and her youngest are just a month apart in age. Fun! She’s also great at putting together an outfit! She’s also a co-host of the $10 Target haul link-up every 3rd Monday. Be sure to swing over and say hi to Sarah!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!