Did you know National Friendship Day is August 6? We got to thinking…. the four of us hosts all met each other and became friends through this High Five for Friday link up over 3 years ago! In fact, I think about half of you that link up I actually got to know in the H54F link up before we became hosts. I love that I have gotten to know you over the years, reading your posts, seeing your adventures, and hearing your GREAT ideas.
So to celebrate International Friendship Day we’re declaring August 4 the High Five For Friday Friendship Day!
If you’ve met a fellow blogger/friend through the H54F link up, we want to hear your story!! Write about it next Friday. We’d love to share a few of our favorites.
Earlier this week it felt like the longest week in history! But then the last few days have zoomed by… but let’s recap, shall we?
1. So if you watched last week’s weekly vlog then you watched this all unfold. But on Friday Elizabeth got sick. And it wasn’t just the running nose kind of sick. It was the “sit on the sofa and stare” kind of sick. Poor kiddo! Our weekend instantly became low key thank to that.
2. All this week Elizabeth had another week of summer camp at her school. It was a REALLY cute week! She came home with so many cute crafts. And this morning they’re all headed out on their very first field trip to the Durham Life & Science Museum! I mean… so cute! But her crafts this week were next level. A Fairy Garden! Leaf rubbing with a toe-print catepillar! Ladybug rock! I love her teachers!
3. Anyone else notice that Starbucks has been changing their rewards stuff lately? I’m all sorts of confused. Last I checked (Tuesday) I was not gold level and still had something like 80 stars to collect until then. And then, yesterday, when I arrive at the drive thru I open the app and there is a pop up that says “YAY! You’re at Gold” and I’m back to zero stars collected. Hmmmm…… and I have still to see my birthday reward to pop up. Did they do away with those??
4. Recently I switched up my evening routine. Ever since Elizabeth was born I took my showers at night. But lately I noticed I was delaying getting ready for bed because I was too tired. I couldn’t face the 10-step process of showering, drying my hair, etc. So the last few days I have been getting ready for bed right after we put the kids to bed. And then my husband and I watch a show/wind down. It has changed my life! A few nights ago I found myself in bed, having just finished a chapter of a book, ready to go to sleep at 8:30! Glorious! So much better. (It’s the little things in life that make the biggest impacts sometimes)
5. This week wasn’t too bad in the weather department. Well… that’s a lie. It started off super hot and humid. But each day it got better and better. One evening we all headed outside to walk our little wood trail and check on the state of things. It was William’s first time trying to walk it. He did great! Elizabeth is always happiest when she’s outside exploring.
Today’s featured blogger is Allie from A Gal Named Al! She loves sharing a little slice of life, from adventures to recipes, over on her blog. Her Friday post this week features her family’s favorite movies for road trips! She also hosts a link up called Try It Thursday. This week she shared a delicious recipe for Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole. Ultimate comfort food! Swing over and say hello to Allie!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!