How was your week? Let’s share!
1. We’re in the last of the summer weeks here. I’m looking forward to getting back to our usual routine. But we are trying to make the best of our last few weeks. The weather is finally starting to cool off! So I think we’re going to be squeezing in a few more adventures.
2. My mom brain was in full swing this week. I blame the eclipse.
It was my turn for a doctor’s appointment at Big Duke (that’s what we call the hospital clinics haha!) and I managed to get us all out of the door bang on time for my appointment! We even had plenty of time for Elizabeth to help push William’s stroller all the way to the clinic office. High Five for me! When I check in, the lady at the front desk looks at me over her glasses (you know you’re in trouble then) and says, “Oh honey, your appointment is tomorrow.”. NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I asked if there was an opening right then, but alas, no. And, as luck would have it, the next day on our return I arrived a few minutes late. Poop. There really should be an appointment slot reserved each day for moms who get days wrong.
3. Who saw the eclipse???? I’m regretting we didn’t drive the 4 hours to the totality zone… I wish we had. BUT seeing the eclipse at 95% was pretty cool! We swung by Krispy Kreme to grab some special eclipse donuts, and then make our pin hole viewers. And then NASA had a live stream of the eclipse across the country, so we were able to watch the totality eclipse from Oregon before the eclipse started at our house. That was cool! And then Elizabeth and I headed outside to set up camp on the front lawn to watch the eclipse. Elizabeth was SO into it right from the start. But as the eclipse neared the peak, she was over it. HAHA! But it was pretty cool at our house. It wasn’t necessarily dark at our house. But it wasn’t bright. Almost like there was a big thunderstorm rolling in. We shared our eclipse glasses with our mail man, who pulled up right at the peak time. The coolest part of the eclipse was noticing all the eclipse shadows.
My parents are the stuff of retired dreams! They decided, spur of the moment, to drive from southern Michigan down to western Kentucky the morning of the eclipse to see the totality! They almost missed it because of traffic!!! But they saw it in the end, and got back to Michigan at 2am. HA!
4. My husband and I had our date night on Wednesday this week. We went to the Durham Bulls baseball game with his work department. It was lots of fun! And the weather was cooling off, so it was pretty pleasant. I still sweat like crazy, but hey! Overcast and breezy is better than sunny and steamy.
5. Yesterday we explored a new park about 20 minutes away from us. It was a cool park! They actually built an obstacle course meant for a kids version of American Ninja. Elizabeth was a tad small for most of the equipment, so I felt like I was on heightened alert the entire time. And poor William had to be trapped in his stroller most of the time because I needed my attention and hands free in case Elizabeth needed climbing assistance. But it was fun!!
6. Bonus! Elizabeth had her first hair cut this week 🙂
Today’s featured blogger is Lindsey from Brushing Our Way Through Life! She’s a wife and a mommy with the extra big task of being the biggest cheerleader for her husband, who’s a Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery resident. I loved getting a peak at her daily life, and a fun day trip post to a fun coastal town! And she sells LipSense, so if you haven’t tried it yet, ask Lindsey for help. Swing over and say hi to Lindsey!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!