Loved reading stories about your H54F friendships last week! Thank you for joining in with us!
How was your week? Let’s share!
1. Elizabeth’s doctor appointment last week went great! Dare I say delightful?? She ended up not needing a blood draw which is the win of all wins. So we celebrated with a quick trip to Krispy Kreme. Both kids were so charming there that a random passer through stopping on her road trip to Virginia stopped to say how pleasant they were behaving. There’s probably nothing better as a parent out in public.
The sweetest moment though was Elizabeth showing her Peter Rabbit the huuuuuuge fish tank at the Duke Children’s Hospital!
2. Our weekend was a smidge chaotic. On Sunday my husband went to the PGA Champs down in Charlotte. I held down the fort at home. And then in the afternoon William stayed home with a sitter while Elizabeth and I headed off to a pool party. You may remember at this party last year Elizabeth was drowning… literally. So this year I made her PROMISE to never leave my side. She happily obliged. And we had a great time, just the two of us.
3. This week Elizabeth had her final week of summer camp at her preschool. Best. One. Yet. It was all about castles/medieval times. Elizabeth came home with the neatest crafts. She made a dress, crown, scepter, goblet, lance, dragon… so many things!
4. The last few weeks I’ve been a walking zombie. (ok that’s an exaggeration… but it feels like it) My husband has been juggling an extra busy schedule, PLUS several projects the last few weeks. That’s meant me holding down the fort each day. And then he stayed up late each night working on projects. I should have been productive in those moments, but I was pooped from the day, so I stared at a wall until he was done. And then… up late, then up early the next day… you can see the problem. I’m looking forward to this weekend, when all his crazies are done and we’re back to normal!
5. Did I ever mention I bought one of those foot peel things from Amazon? You’ve seen them… the kind where you slather on a mystery cream and then a few days later your feet are supposed to peel away, leaving behind something so soft and smooth you could sleep on them. If you were flexible enough, anyway. Well… I did that over a week ago… and still waiting on the massive peel. To be honest, my feet feel WORSE because instructions said to not use lotion on them and the goo you’re supposed to put on your feet basically dry them out. So…. yes. Do you have a foot thingy you recommend??? Let me know! Below is day 1 of the foot thing. Strap plastic booties to your feet so they can soak in a foot goo AND sweat thanks to the plastic bag trapping foot moisture.
Today’s featured blogger is Sheryl from How to Make a Life! Sheryl is a counselor and life coach specializing in helping clients to recreate their lives. Her site is full of inspiration and motivation to help make your best life right now. I loved her thoughts on how making your bed each day can shift your mindset and mood. And I’m such a productivity fan, so loved her post on the One Minute Rule. Think of all the tasks you skip over in a day that could take you just a minute or less to complete. Instead of passing them over, just DO them! Swing over and say hello to Sheryl!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!