Happy First of September! Wild…. where did this month go?
Can I confess something? This summer I have been so quiet on here. And I’m ok with that! I’m actually really focused on just enjoying each little tiny moment. I don’t even remember to take pictures. I’m just… here. I may get better and more consistent in the fall. But for now, I’m just oh so content!!
But anyway, how was your week? Fun? Busy? Boring? Let’s share!
1. Vacation Prep! We’re heading out of town next week, with an epic multiple day road trip from North Carolina to Michigan. So this week we spent time buying a few fun things for the car, snacks, and beginning a little packing of toys and other smaller things. I was also busy thinking through a packing list. Some folks like to reuse a packing list. I don’t. I like to plan each trip on its own.
2. Our weather this week was AMAZING! It was hard to stay inside each day. We had a great time running around the backyard and exploring the neighborhood. We even snuck in a chance to visit a new-to-us park in Durham. It was a nice one! It had 2 different play structures, a walking trail AND a trail that connected to the city-wide biking trail. There were even clean, fully stocked bathrooms! This may be our new favorite spot!
3. I purchased a few new things this week. The first was an updated planner for the academic year. My family still operates on an academic calendar, so I thought I should update my planner. I’m always bouncing around in planner land, trying different ones. It’s fun for me! But this new Day Designer by Blue Sky daily planner is nice! I decided to give the daily planner a whirl, since I’ve found that when I’m doing my daily planning I like to do more time blocking. It’s been working well this week!
I also bought a new fitness tracker watch thingy. What are they technically called?? I’ve had my eye on a FitBit one that was over $100! But one evening I was doing a late night Amazon scroll (anyone else do that?) and stumbled across this generic version for under $30! It has all the features I was wanting, including sleep tracking, steps, and alarms. So awesome! I’m really pleased with it so far!
4. Lazy dinners have been the name of the game this week, and will probably be that way next week 🙂 I didn’t do a huge grocery shop this week because the goal is to eat all the things in the fridge before vacation. Lots of random pasta creations and cheese quesadillas. Speaking of dinners, did you catch this week’s round up of new recipes we tried this month??
5. Last night marked the start of the college football season!!! YAY! I layed in a supply of new Ohio State gear, and we stayed up late last night to cheer on the Buckeyes for their first game. I LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON!
Today’s featured blogger is Dara from Not in Jeresy! She blogs all about her family’s adventures in Kansas! I LOVED looking through her pictures from her recent trip to Cuba. So neat! And she has a great mini city guide to St. Louis if you’ve got the itch to travel soon. Swing over and say hi to Dara!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!