Oh friends, I’m just oh so embarrassed that I completely MISSED last week’s post/link up! Ugh…. I’ll explain, but basically…. I forgot what day it was…. what did I miss??? Can’t wait to catch up with all of you!
So since last Wednesday (10 days ago) we’ve been on a meandering family vacation that’s taken us from North Carolina, and then to Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and then Michigan! As you’re reading this, we are driving back home and hopefully we have sleeping children.
But by the time last Friday rolled around, I seriously was in a road trip daze. I couldn’t remember what day it was… but things are slowly getting back to normal.
So for today’s post, let’s catch up! I’ll share my five favorite moments from this past week and a half.
1. We doubled our distance and time up to Michigan because we wanted to make a few pit stops first on the way up. The first was to visit some dear friends who recently moved to Chattanooga! It was great for everyone to spend time together. It’s always hard when friends move away, but everyone is just a drive away!
2. Day 2 took us north to Kentucky where we stopped to see the Ark! It’s a replication of Noah’s Ark and it’s a sight to behold. It was… expensive. Like, very expensive. A “not sure it was worth the ticket price” expensive. BUT it was really cool to see, the kids enjoyed it and I may have had some misty eyes when we walked up to it.
3. We did something we haven’t done before as a family – go to a city parade! They don’t do parades in our area of North Carolina (or at least not big ones with marching bands, etc.) so when we heard there would be one while we were in town, we hustled up there! We went to Allegan, Michigan, and met up with my husband’s aunts, uncles, and cousins. We had a BLAST! Easily one of my favorites from this trip. There were over 100 floats, several high school marching bands, fire trucks, tanker trucks, candy galore! The kids loved it and I couldn’t get enough of it.
4. If you’re ever in southern Michigan, plan a trip to the Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek, Michigan! It is a small zoo, but if you have little ones, you’ll love it! It’s totally manageable, and their exhibits are great. We really love their Africa section. Elizabeth gets so excited to feed CeeCee the giraffe each year. William was BUSTING every time that giraffe stuck her tongue out to eat. It was such fun!
And they really win at zoo signs!
5. Anyone else love exploring new playgrounds when they are on vacation?? We found a really great one in downtown Kalamazoo called Upjohn Park. So many things to explore there!
Honestly, this was the fastest moving vacation ever! We spent so much time visiting friends and family, driving around to explore new places… it’s a vacation where we need a vacation post-vacation!
Today’s featured blogger is Justine from Charm City Ciemny’s! She’s a mommy blogger to a sweet baby girl. LOVED her “what’s in my diaper bag” post because you know I love diaper bags! And her fall bucket list has some real winners, especially football every week 🙂 Swing over and say hi to Justine!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!