What have you been up to this week? Can’t wait to hear about it!
1. Last week was our week of back to school! And on Friday William got to go for the morning! It was such fun watching both kids running in and feeling excited. William honestly walked right in and never looked back. Apparently he kept closing the classroom door all morning and wouldn’t stop gabbing. That’s my boy 🙂
2. We decided that last weekend we should head up to my in laws house in Virginia Beach! My husband just got himself a new car – a VW GTI – and he wanted to drive it up last weekend. So we loaded up that little hatch back and drove up. We actually had a lot of fun! Because it’s a smaller car, we had to turn William around for the drive, and he was THRILLED to be able to see me. It was adorable. But we had a wonderful, relaxing time in Virginia. Plus, thanks to a flock of geese (about 50!) blocking our path on a walk, my husband and I ended up getting lost and walking over 2 miles to get back to my in-laws house. HAHA! It was one of those moments when I wished I had my phone for Instastories. It would have been hilarious!
3. While we were in Michigan, I got a random text from a college student who goes to our church, asking if she could film me for a documentary class she is a part of. Sounded like fun! So on Tuesday, she and her classmate came over with fancy film equipment and got to filming myself and the kids. They wanted to do a mini documentary on what it’s like to be a stay-at-home-mom. You know me – talking was no problem. But it was very different to gab at a camera while other people are there! HA! I hope I was articulate enough for their project……. and that they get a good grade!
4. PSA ALERT! If you haven’t tried the Old Navy Rockstar 24/7 jeggings, you MUST! They are basically stretchy jeans with a yoga pant legging waist band. They are a pain to pull up, but once they’re on, they aren’t sliding down! They are so so so so comfortable! And they are on sale right now!
5. Fall is taking its sweet sweet time getting to us here in Durham… this week was over 90 each day. Sweat city! But I think starting today it will be dipping back to the 70s each day. Hooray! But I really just am waiting for a frost so it can kill off all of the mosquitoes. They are prolific in our back yard!! But it’s still fun to play out there.
Today’s featured blogger is Christina from The Patricios! I love her fall home decor post! The pumpkin touches everywhere – love! And her mommy and mini style post on mustard colors for fall will give you some serious style inspiration. Swing over and visit Christina!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!