What have you been up to this week? Can’t wait to hear about it!
1. The biggest excitement for the week? Our sweet Elizabeth turned 4! We had such a fun day celebrating her! I decorated the kitchen table so when she came down in the morning it was extra festive. And then at school she declared to everyone she saw that “today is my birthday!”. It was a fun day of celebrating her. This Sunday is her actual birthday party with all her little buddies. Between kids and parents we’ve got 60 people coming to the party. Mercy!
And at school, the firemen came for fire safety week!
2. The party has been an all-consuming thought this week. Errands, goodie bags, food planning! But who doesn’t love to plan a party?? We are having it at a local park so it will be a fun, relaxing party. Elizabeth even requested popsicles instead of cake or cup cakes. Here’s hoping that the humidity stays nice and low!
3. Elizabeth was sick last week. But this week was mommy and daddy’s turn. We both woke up sick on Saturday and just knew we couldn’t make it to church. We both quickly figured out who could swap with us for our various responsibilities and settled in to our PJs. Elizabeth was so bummed that she was missing out on church. But friends to the rescue! Elizabeth’s best bud came over, picked her up, and took her to church! It was kind of funny sending her off to go to church while the rest of us stayed home. But she had a wonderful time. And we rested up. Friends are the best!
4. This week I’ve noticed William has been saying “uh oh” now. Of all the new talker words, this one has always been my favorite. But you get him started on uh oh and he goes on and on and on! In fact, as I’m typing this, it’s 9PM and I can hear him upstairs, in his room, saying “uh oh” over and over. HAHA! But he’s entering in to such a fun phase! I can’t believe he’ll be 18 months next month!
5. I’m looking forward to the weather cooling off again next week. This week was border line unbearable. It wasn’t too hot, but it was SO muggy!! Seriously, if you stood outside for 5 minutes you were sweating like you had just ran a marathon. Ugh! I couldn’t even bear to go on my walks. Here’s hoping next week is a little better!
Today’s featured blogger is Cute Capsule Life! I love reading about capsule wardrobes, so when I see an entire blog dedicated to this I rejoice!! Swing over and say hello!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!