A quick note – next week there will NOT be a H54F link up. We’re taking the day after off, and we hope you do too! Relax, enjoy time with friends and family, and digest. HAHA!
I blinked. It’s November. It’s Thanksgiving already… I seriously spent this whole week in denial that Thanksgiving was next week… I could have sworn I had a few weeks still to go! We are hosting both of our families here at our house this year and that’s so exciting! My husband is actually on hospital service next week, so we weren’t able to go out of town for Thanksgiving as normal, so everyone is coming to us, and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
But since Thanksgiving is next week, I thought I would share my 5 favorite Thanksgiving traditions! Thanksgiving is actually my FAVORITE holiday!!
1. No Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving | My family was always rigid about this, and I’ve kept that tradition going! No Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. No decorations up until after Thanksgiving. I really want to enjoy and savor Thanksgiving. I hate that this season just moves so fast!! So I love taking Thanksgiving slowly.
2. Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade | Even though the parade sneaks in as many commercials as possible (Netflix has killed me… can’t watch regular tv) it’s still one of my favorite traditions! I love the beginning excitement of the parade beginning, and watching the floats and Broadway performances. And now that I have kids, we wait patiently for Santa to arrive! Elizabeth started watching the parade back when she was just 2 months old! But it was only last year that she started to get it and like it. Looking forward to this year!
3. Funny Crafts | Now that I have kids we do try to do a fun Thanksgiving craft each year. It started out as a way to keep Elizabeth and my niece entertained while my mother-in-law cooked and prepped for Thanksgiving. And now it’s just something fun to plan! Sometimes it’s a fancy Pinterest-inspired craft… sometimes it’s a cheap craft kit from a craft store (like this year). But each year it’s fun! If you want fun ideas for crafts and other cute ideas for Thanksgiving, my friend Whitney over at Polka-dotty Place ALWAYS has fun kid ideas!!
4. Food Food Food! | Some Thanksgiving foods are just mandatory! Stuffing. Cranberry sauce. Pie! Honestly, is there anything better than sharing a beautiful, delicious meal with people?
5. Home Alone | I think this tradition started when I was in Middle School. Home Alone was ALWAYS on tv Thanksgiving evening. So post-dinner, while prepping to eat dessert, Home Alone got flipped on! Home Alone is one of my favorite Christmas movies. And Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without Home Alone at some point during the holiday!
What are some of your favorite traditions?? I hope you all have a glorious Thanksgiving!!!!!
Today’s featured blogger is Sarah at Meet the Shaneyfelts! She’s a wife and school teacher in Alabama, and loves to blog about her daily life! I love her day in the life blog posts. And her ladies Christmas gift guide is so good! Great ideas there! Be sure to swing over and say hi to Sarah!
How was your week?? Can’t wait to hear all about it!