Well, my sweet little girl is already 11 months! This time last year, I was waddling around the house. The nursery was pretty much set, I had washed all her clothes, and I was just trying to rest.
Not to mention reading up on how to care for a baby! (I realized I had read tons about labor signs, what it was like to go into labor, etc, but nothing about basic baby care!)
But now we’re just one month away from her big 1 year celebration! I have GOT to get it together and start planning this party….
Here’s what she has been up to this past month!
Height/Weight | I have NO idea what she is. I feel like we haven’t had a doctor’s appointment for so long. (I guess that’s a good thing, right?)
Routine | Elizabeth’s routine is same old, same old.
- 7:00am – Wake up and bottle
- 7:30am – Play time!
- 8:00am – Breakfast time
- 8:30am – Continue to play or Bath time
- 9:00am – Morning nap
- 10:00am – Wake up and bottle
- 10:30am – Play time! Or errands.
- 11:30am – Lunch time
- 12:oopm – Play time!
- 1:00pm – Afternoon nap
- 2:30-3:00pm – Wake up and bottle
- 3:30pm – Small snack
- 4:00pm – She plays while I start dinner
- 4:30pm – Dinner as a family
- 5:00pm – Play time!
- 6:00pm – Get ready for bed, and a final bottle.
- 6:30pm – Lights out and asleep!
Sleeping | Elizabeth is going through phases where she seems like she’s dropping her morning nap, but then she goes right back on track. But other than that, she’s quite the sleeper. I sure hope this continues!
Eating | She loves to eat! I’m surprised by how much she’s packing away. She has 3 meals a day, and drinks about 6 oz. of formula with each meal. I’ve stopped making her formula in a bottle for 2 of those feedings and am instead giving it to her in her straw cup.
I’m thinking we may also try to give her some real, full milk in a few weeks, just to see what she thinks. Truly, I think she’ll gobble that up. Her favorite foods are cheese (sharp cheddar, feta, mozzarella, doesn’t matter), cheerios, black beans, avocado, eggs, and any fruit (except banana). She also tried those veggie sticks recently, and she loved them!
Sizes | I think I have officially packed away all of her 6 month clothes. And all of her 12 month clothes that looked huge on her last month now fit well. I thought I’d be moving her up to size 4 diapers, but I think we’re good for another month.
Milestones | She’s developing a little personality, no doubt about it!
- She’s gotten so fast at pulling up to stand. But walking isn’t all that interesting to her.
- Elizabeth loves being upside down. She’ll even do a downward dog type move. Hilarious!
- She is becoming a little mischievous one. She knows there are things that she shouldn’t do, but she looks right at me, smiles, and does it anyway. A little stinker 🙂
- I also think she does things purposefully to make me laugh.
- Elizabeth also knows how to shake her head no. At first, I felt bad because I thought I was saying no too much or something negative like that. BUT I think she just started shaking her head back and forth to watch the world spin, and we started saying “no no no” in response to that. Now, when she hears no, she shakes her head around.
- She loves to clap!
- She clearly understands what I’m saying. A few days ago, I had her little stuffed monkey sitting next to her. She was looking at a book and I said “Would monkey like to read your book?” and she placed the book on the floor in front of the toy. Then she patted my leg, which I interpreted as “please read this book to us, Mommy!”. My heart melted.
- The play tunnel I bought at Ikea has become such a great toy!
- She waves hello, good bye, and good night.
- Elizabeth learned how to stick her tongue out this week. It’s hilarious!
- She loves feeding me her food. It was cute at first, but then I got a half eaten Cheerio in my mouth. Gross.
- Along the same lines, she can hand things to you if you ask.
- Her gabbing is intense!
- She still seems to be a little shy when you first take her to a place with lots of people/kids, but she quickly warms up.
- Elizabeth had her first “baby sitting” experience this week. I started a new Bible study, and there was a baby sitter there. So I dropped her and ran. Apparently she was a ham the whole time! Yay her!
Now, like last month, she was nearly impossible to photograph!!
At least we got one decent shot in the bunch 🙂
Here are some of my favorite pictures from over the last month!